TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Portholes

Alright, we've owned our unit for several years now and I still can't get the hang of the tiny portholes/outside storage access. Every time I think of something that should be perfect to put there, I find that in practice it doesn't work. The only thing I can do is load cans under the dinette this way but that saves no time. So, how do YOU use these? To me they are too small and not at all convenient. I'm sure there is some terrific use that I have missed completely, so clue me in, please.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
BobRederick

I agree! I think that I pictured them being loaded while folded when I was shopping, but not so. I hardly ever unlock one.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
CAmark
Site Sponsor

I keep a squeege and extension pole in my "porthole" under the couch in the 2720SL; and it must be accessed while the front shell is open. The squeege is used upon closing to remove most of the moisture from the back shell before closing the front shell over it. It just seems like a good idea, even if opening again the same night.
In back I have about a 2'x2' "hatch cover" that carries the water hose, tv cable, battery, and misc little things. I even put the McKesh mirrors in there if we are staying put for several days.

mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
sharoden

Front rightside holds 3 hoses (1 25ft and 2 30 ft coils) 2 sets of nozzles, a large sponge, 35 ft of nylon rope, and the front tongue wheel and water filter and a collapsible 3ft level.

The left side hold 3 extension cords the 30 amp adapter, several games ( since you can access from the inside) and a small container full of different sized batteries and small electrical thingees.

Sidebox holds a small air pump for filling inflatables and a lot of small items like hand tools, barbeque tools etc. ( in a box )and some hand towels.

It would takes pages to describe whats in the back storage area.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
13dano

I love the squeege and extension pole idea! Too often, I've resorted to paper towels while standing on the couch trying to get to the hard to reach spots to clean and dry them prior to closing.
Thanks.
Dano