TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
S_&_L_Family_Camping
Site Sponsor

Default Bad Refrigerator - now what?

FellowTM'ers,

I have just talked with Art's about our, new to us, 94 3023. I am dismayed to learn that the refer cooling unit needs to be replaced at a whopping $900! A new refigerator is about $1100 thus the debate, new or fix whats there. I did do a search on "bad or broken refrigerators" and didn't really find anything that was very helpful. Any advice would be appreciated.

Since the "turnaround" inspection only cost us about $300, I asked them to do some other simple but time consuming repairs. They found some bad or rotted area's of wood used to connect the vinyl seal on the upper and lower shells to the box. I decided to have them replace the wood and or vinly before I brought it home for my DW and children to see. I also asked them to replace any wood trim that is used to connect vinyl flap to the walls because I noticed some of the wood there was also rotted (it sat in a Chicago driveway closed for 7 years). I am going to try to attatch a pic or two of the damage if I can.

Other than a few pieces of rotted wood and the refer, they were amazed at what good shape it was in. After they are done with the repair, I will head out to Chicago to bring our new camper home. Our family can't wait to get our new trialer set up in the driveway and put some elbow grease into cleaning it up for its maiden voyage. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again,

S & L
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07310001.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	721.2 KB
ID:	2119   Click image for larger version

Name:	07310002.JPG
Views:	364
Size:	745.3 KB
ID:	2120  
S_&_L_Family_Camping is offline   Reply With Quote