TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2017, 03:53 PM   #11
bheisser

if someone sells a product they have a responsibilty to make sure it is a decent product....also a dealership does hve more leveredge. than an individual.....the rv dealership. is in a different position. than a car. dealersip. as they are not tied to a single manufacturer
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #12
aslag54

From what I have learned the Lemon Law only applies to motor vehicles or in the case of a motor home type of RV it applies only to the engine and running gear not to the living quarters. In the case of travel trailers the Lemon Law doesn't apply but a Lemon Law attorney will go after the manufacture for not honoring the warranty. As long as the selling dealer and or factory is willing and able to correct the factory defects there is not much a person can do. By the way, I would have taken my trailer to the Trailmanor authorized repair facility in my home state but was told by them the factory hasn't reimbursed them for warranty repairs for some time so they wouldn't touch it. They did however call the factory and arranged for them to come get it. It was returned 2 months later with still a long list of repairs needed. The factory said they'd come back in 4 weeks and pick it up but that never happened. That's when I decided to take it back to Custom RV. After reading some positive comments about their work I figured they were better able than the people at the factory to handle the repairs and they are 500 miles closer. Custom RV did do a good job addressing most of the issues but ran out of time even though they had it for 11 weeks. That's why we had to wait 4 hours, they were still working on it when we got there. I would have been okay if Scott had requested more time before I left home, I would have adjusted my schedule. Hopefully he'll arrange to have it delivered this time, I feel he owes me that.
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #13
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheisser View Post
if someone sells a product they have a responsibilty to make sure it is a decent product....also a dealership does hve more leveredge. than an individual.....the rv dealership. is in a different position. than a car. dealersip. as they are not tied to a single manufacturer
So is Best Buy responsible for your bluray player crapping out after the return period but while still under warranty? They sell several brands. No, Sony is responsible for the warranty repair or replacement.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:55 AM   #14
Skyjim73

Aslag54, I can only sympathize. I am so sorry you are having this horrendous experience.

I tend to agree with your opinion that they should provide delivery service under the circumstances. Would it be of any use to have a third party inspect the rig before it either leaves Custom RV for delivery or, failing that, you head back down here? I live about 90 minutes away from Custom RV and could work from a checklist you provide and photo-document. I have great empathy for your situation after having my own woes at delivery. New RV purchases should be cause for enjoyment!

Feel free to message me if interested.

Jim
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #15
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Maybe TM should start selling DIY kits.

Found one site that says "The federal RV Lemon Law was designed to protect your rights when your new RV turns sour and the manufacturer's dealer is unable to fix it within reasonable number of attempts or a reasonable amount of time. This law applies to motorized RV's including Class A, Class B and Class C motorhomes as well as towable RV's which include Travel Trailers, Toy Haulers, Fifth-Wheel Trailers and Truck Campers."
Old 02-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #16
bheisser

shane you can return your broken product to best buy for. 90 days
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
Old 02-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #17
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheisser View Post
shane you can return your broken product to best buy for. 90 days
Which they then return to the manufacturer for reimbursement. Best Buy doesn't just eat the defective equipment. Just like Custom RV isn't eating these repairs.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #18
bheisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Which they then return to the manufacturer for reimbursement. Best Buy doesn't just eat the defective equipment. Just like Custom RV isn't eating these repairs.
correct so if i am a retailer and someone buys a product from me , then i need to make sure that the manufacturer is standing behind their product,,or i would not sell it.....should TM buy the TM back ,,i don't know,,,,,but a large retailer has leverage over a manufacturer. to make things right,,,,,,,it sounds like this situation should warrant some extra attention
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
Old 02-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #19
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Bob -

The point you may be missing is that the manufacturer, Trail Manor, Inc, is no longer in business. There is presently a company called Trail Manor Manufacturing in Nebraska, but unless they bought the original company's warranty obligations, I don't think they have any obligation or liability.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:07 AM   #20
Skyjim73

Bill, I believe this is a Nebraska-built unit.
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote