TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #1
Popupbenji

Question Silver Addition

Does anyone know if you can still order the Silver Edition I was told by my local dealer that trailmanor stopped manufacturing them due to de lamination issues with the Silver edition
Popupbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Benji, I'm not sure TM is doing much production, right now, of any of their units. Hopefully they will start up again soon.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
aslag54

I have a 2922 being built right now, granted they're a couple months behind on my delivery date but I've been assured by the owners Bob and Cleo Eickhoff it is being built, although I am getting worried. When I ordered mine I wanted the silver grey color and my dealer informed me of the issue they were having with that color. So I opted for the white. A couple of months ago I called about the status of my trailer and Bob told me one of the delays on my build was that they were out of white but if I wanted silver gray he had that in stock, when I mentioned the delamination issue he told me that had been resolved. I called when they missed my last delivery date and was told by Cleo it should be done by "Friday 3/11, or maybe Friday 3/18". Perhaps soon I'll be able to answer the question if Trailmanor is still building trailers and if so are they still building the Silver Trail editions.
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Not trying to be "Debbie Downer" to aslag54, but when I mentioned to my dealer that my next TM would be the Silver Trail edition, I was told that the dealership has noticed that the Silver Trails get 10° - 15° warmer in the summer sun, than the white models. Not a problem if you are camping with hookups, or if you camp at higher elevations like we do, but if you are going to dry camp in Texas, for instance, you may want the white model.

Personally, I really like the Silver Trail, and may still opt for that if I buy another TM. I plan to hold onto our current TM, but there may come a time when we want a bit larger unit.

Decisions, decisions!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:39 AM   #5
Shane826
TrailManor Master

The Silver Trail sure looks sharp. I especially like the diamond plate on the front shell. Anyone know if that can be retrofitted to my 3326, or is it an integral part of the shell?
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
Popupbenji

Talking

I just got of the phone with trailmanor they told me as of right now they do not manufacture the silver model and maybe in the near future they will which is understandable being the change of ownership and movement of the production plant I see it as a good thing.
Popupbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:34 PM   #7
davlin
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Not trying to be "Debbie Downer" to aslag54, but when I mentioned to my dealer that my next TM would be the Silver Trail edition, I was told that the dealership has noticed that the Silver Trails get 10° - 15° warmer in the summer sun, than the white models. Not a problem if you are camping with hookups, or if you camp at higher elevations like we do, but if you are going to dry camp in Texas, for instance, you may want the white model.

Personally, I really like the Silver Trail, and may still opt for that if I buy another TM. I plan to hold onto our current TM, but there may come a time when we want a bit larger unit.

Decisions, decisions!
"dry camp in Texas..."
2013 F150 w/5.0 V8
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:43 PM   #8
Sterman
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslag54 View Post
I have a 2922 being built right now, granted they're a couple months behind on my delivery date but I've been assured by the owners Bob and Cleo Eickhoff it is being built, although I am getting worried. When I ordered mine I wanted the silver grey color and my dealer informed me of the issue they were having with that color. So I opted for the white. A couple of months ago I called about the status of my trailer and Bob told me one of the delays on my build was that they were out of white but if I wanted silver gray he had that in stock, when I mentioned the delamination issue he told me that had been resolved. I called when they missed my last delivery date and was told by Cleo it should be done by "Friday 3/11, or maybe Friday 3/18". Perhaps soon I'll be able to answer the question if Trailmanor is still building trailers and if so are they still building the Silver Trail editions.
Aslag54, I love your frisbee dog.
I do like the looks of the Silver Edition, but I can also see where the white exterior reflects the direct rays of the sun better causing it to be less hot.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #9
aslag54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popupbenji View Post
I just got of the phone with trailmanor they told me as of right now they do not manufacture the silver model and maybe in the near future they will which is understandable being the change of ownership and movement of the production plant I see it as a good thing.
So now I'm thinking I'm not getting a Silver Trail Edition but a regular edition painted with the silver gray exterior color.
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silver trail edition