TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2017, 03:07 PM   #17
jquarles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
I've owned 2 TM's over the last 15 years. I'm generally pretty optimistic on most things.. But I don't see a positive here with the TM ownership righting the ship and providing a consistent new inventory or parts supply business. It's a shame that it's come to this point. There are, I guess , hundreds, thousands? of TM owners out there that will need service on TM specific parts that cannot be found but on older, salvaged, units.

I'm one of these owners with a 3124KB. At some point, I'd like to renovate what I have with replacement trim, curtains, bed arms, hold down latches, stirrup latches, exterior trim, and various other components that are TM specific. I'm aware of the standard camper components being available most places, so I'd reiterate that I'm speaking of TM specific only. Guess we are all out of luck here... If they can't answer a phone or make a reasonable effort to even return a call, then their not interested in customer service going forward. That alone suggests that it's gone, gone as a viable business. I'm sure the original family that started it all is fraught with disappointment that it's gone this way so soon.

Good luck.

This thread seemed to have stopped. But I went back to it to follow up with my story. I wanted to restore my 2004 3326. There isn't much else like this big boy on the market that I know of, and, I love it. So I started communicating with TM for a list of specialty refurb parts...seals, flaps, torsion bars etc. It was a real struggle to get communications back and forth. They finally start to really try to work with me. When they found out I lived only a few blocks from the freeway they travel down all the time, they were kind enough to say that their truck could stop on the way back to the plant and grab my trailer so they could do some of the refurb in their plant over the winter. I thought this was AWESOME. What a let down is what really happened. Starting in October we arranged for the pick up and the work in the factory. No one showed up at my house and no phone call. Tried again in November and December with the same result no pick up and no phone call to say they weren't showing up. In January I got a call saying they were sorry and had lost all the notes about me and didn't know why they still had my phone number in the "to do list". So we started everything all over again and they said they'd make arrangements. It's now the end of March. Sigh.

Am I a total idiot to still want to keep my TM? My good friends are dumping theirs before they even need work because they don't want to be stuck with it.

Thoughts from the TM community?

John
Denver, CO
jquarles is offline   Reply With Quote