TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2005, 12:10 AM   #1
calypso

Default Off To Pick Up Our Trailmanor 2720!

Tomorrow is an exciting day for me. We are leaving to meet a wonderful Trailmanor family (and frequent poster to this board) to "adopt" their 2720. We've been in the planning stages for a few months now and the time has finally arrived. Please wish us both a safe journey as we meet in AZ to finalize the deal. I look forward to many happy adventures in our new home on wheels!!!

Calypso
Old 05-21-2005, 12:25 AM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I'm so happy for you! Good luck with your "new" TM, and welcome to the TM family. Please let us know how your trip went. You're lucky, we tried to find one in the summer 2 years ago, but didn't find one until summer was over and the kids were back in school. But we did manage to used it a lot over the following winter.

I'm so happy that we found this board. The dealer we bought if from didn't know anything about TM's at all, and we are still learning things about how to best use it. We drove almost 800 miles (one way) to get it, and they didn't have the key to the door. Luckily, I knew how to get in (thanks to this board) so the day was saved. We had to go buy a new door lock and install it before we left for home. But we are very happy with our TM, and it is perfect for us.

May you enjoy many happy nights of camping in your TM!
Old 05-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
nethiker

Talking

have a safe trip and happy camping! I know how excited I was when we went to get are TM--good luck to you.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:15 AM   #4
calypso

Thank you for your kind replies! We made it back safe and sound after covering almost 3,000 miles in four days. I would not want to make another trip that fast again. The TM and our TV ('02 Ford F150) did wonderfully and I consider us very fortunate as the previous owner had two flat tires in route to our meeting place. The TM came with a Reese weight distrubuting hitch and we had already aquired a Prodigy brake controller. We could hardly even tell we were towing anything. We look forward to planning our first outing in the next couple of weeks. It will probably just be an overnighter to a campground not too far out as we still need to learn the ropes a bit. Here's to lots of happy camping with Mom, Dad, two kids, and a very spoiled Schnauzer!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
Windbreaker

I am so glad you guys made it back ok. We worried! Tried to call but cell was off. We just got home after shopping four cities for a replacement. Would you consider selling it back to us?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #6
calypso

Hi Windbreaker...just sent you an email

Sorry, you can't have it back...I think I would cry after our "too long a trip in too short a time" to get it! We thought about taking it out for a spin this weekend but remembered how crowded the roads would be for Memorial Day weekend and decided to wait just a bit.

Anyway, happy to see you made it back as well and wish you luck in your quest for the perfect replacement!