TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
Buck Mills

Default The Smoky Mountains for fall colors

I'm considering a trip from Colorado to the Smoky Mountains for the fall colors. I want to find some places in possibly Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, and for North Carolina to hike, fly fish and bike. I prefer national Forest or state campgrounds and I would like to stay somewhere for a minimum of three or four days with good hiking, biking, flyfishing nearby. After seeing the fall colors in the mountains I plan to travel to the coast of north Carolina head south to Florida Panhandle across New Orleans into Texas and back up to Colorado through New Mexico. I have about two months for this trip.

Suggestions for camping areas that provide these activities nearby would be greatly appreciated. As would recommendation for the best times for the fall colors.

I have the Trailmanor 2431 KS, so I would need campgrounds or forest service areas that could accommodate the larger of the TM trailers.

Thanks in advance,
Buck Mills