TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Tampajohn

Default Skyway Bridge Boondocking

Skyway Bridge Boondocking in St. Petersburg, Florida.

One of our favorite places to go spend the night and about 18 miles from home. It says no overnight parking, but I have talked to the State Patrol, Ranger, and workers at the rest area and they all said stay as long as you like. We have probably stayed there 20 days over past 3 years in Aliner and Trailmanor. Beautiful sunset. One night we saw a young couple catch maybe 25 black tip sharks in just a few hours before sunset. Best kept secret in Tampa Bay area.

South West side of bridge. Camp just before you get on the old skyway. Old Skyway is now a fishing pier, but no campers are allowed on it. I had a man I met that parked his hybrid on Thursday and stayed til Sunday almost every week. He would then walk up to the fishing pier and fish off the old bridge. He did catch a lot of fish. We were going to go the last few nights, but temps dropped down in the mid 30's at night. Little cooler than we like for sitting out enjoying the sunset.

John