TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2002, 10:06 AM   #11
arknoah

Default Re: Newbie Questions

Oilspot,

Bill's list is especially helpful, I think, and reminds me that I have made mistakes primarily when showing off, too!

I would add of couple of important things in the sequence.  When closing, and before latching the shell shut, I check to make sure that the corner latches are not between the frame and the shell -- which has happened on a number of occasions.  When this happens, it is a little more difficult to close the unit, but it can be done.  Only when you walk around the unit do you see that the clip is bent and caught.  I'll need to replace these clips soon because of these occasional mishaps.

When setting up, I am very conscious of making sure I lock in the front bed with the pins before doing anything else.  On one ocassion, I forgot to do that and when I tried to fold down the velcro, I fell through!  This did teach me how to use the fire escape feature, however....

Old 07-03-2002, 03:10 AM   #12

Default Re: Newbie Questions

FJ & Ellen:

Ouch!  That must a hurt!  I hope the propane tanks didn't break your fall!  That would probably have been worse than hitting the ground!

One other suggestion.  Stableizer jacks.  Make sure they're up before putting the top halves down.  I'm not sure if this will cause any structural damage if they're still down, but for me.  Putting the top down is the last thing I do before hitching up.  I don't want to ever hear that scraping sound again as I tried to pull away with my jacks down  :'(

Gary