TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Drews60

Default First road trip with my TM

I took my new to me TM on a trip down to Odessa-Midland, Texas, 430 miles from home.

I have to say the TM towed without any bouncing, sway, tugging, no problems at all. TM sure did a good job by placing the axle a bit further back.

My major concern was the weather, temperatures well over 100 degrees. I figured I would be pretty toasty inside the camper.

I put the AC on low and it almost froze me out. At night I was so chilled I had to get up and turn the AC unit off.

I'm getting better setting up and closing the TM. Not one glitch this time. It is really so easy, very important to me, a 65 yo guy.

I'm looking forward to my next trip.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
klv5920

It gets better and better, Drews! And that a/c is a wonderful beast!!! Sometimes we don't even turn the a/c on. I have fans that clip on to the edges of the cabinets and we use them at night sometimes to create a breeze instead of using the a/c.
The TM is really well insulated.
And just getting into the routine of setting up/taking down is easy. However, when winter interferes, we have to relearn in the spring!!!
Glad you are having so much fun!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
T and C
TrailManor Master

klv,

"When winter interferes". Hmmmm. I've heard that word, winter. What is it exactly.

Tom in Southern California.

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Yes, I have heard of this "winter" thing as too. I once heard a crazy tale where it got so cold that all the water turned to a solid. This can't be true. If all the water was solid, people would soon die of thirst.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
klv5920

Tom and Riwright --

You are both "BRATS" !!!!!

Karen
Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Redhawk

Congrats Drew...you will grow to love the TM. We love our Elkmont, but man did the 2619 tow so much better when the weather doesn't co-operate. It does spoil you.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by klv5920 View Post
Tom and Riwright --

You are both "BRATS" !!!!!

Karen
Well, I have to confess that you are correct. However, I was not being entirely up front. The USAF sent me to a base near Sault Ste. Marie, MI back in 1960. On my first day at my new duty station I was handed a snow shovel and told to "clear the parking lot of snow". I also learned to chip ice off sidewalks with one of those big bars they make for that. I spent two of the cold snowy periods there, so I actually do know what "winter" is. I just don't want to get too close to it!

Now if we could just get So Cal to stand still.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
Drews60

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and C View Post
Well, I have to confess that you are correct. However, I was not being entirely up front. The USAF sent me to a base near Sault Ste. Marie, MI back in 1960. On my first day at my new duty station I was handed a snow shovel and told to "clear the parking lot of snow". I also learned to chip ice off sidewalks with one of those big bars they make for that. I spent two of the cold snowy periods there, so I actually do know what "winter" is. I just don't want to get too close to it!

Now if we could just get So Cal to stand still.

Tom
That's why I said goodbye to Wisconsin. Brrrrrrrr
Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
brulaz

And why we haul our Elkmont to Florida every winter.

But Spring summer and Fall up North can actually be quite nice!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #10
rinshin

Congrats on your first trip!. It's been 1 year for us and really enjoy ours tremendously.

My husband has been puttering around fixing this, upgrading this and that in our trailmanor the last two weekends. We went on an unimproved road for about 10 miles - very, very rough 3 weeks ago and I think that may have loosened the table holding, but it needed to be fixed. It is now fixed beyond the original - and will never come off. Also, redoing velcro with new ones. Completely outfitted the kitchen so I don't have to pack things before each trip. No food though.

Heading out to Paso Robles end of the month for wine tasting.
rinshin is offline   Reply With Quote