TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
victor310

Default Desicion on WDH to buy

Hi: It looks thats inevitable to go out again without solving the tongue weight problem, i drove it home the other day withe front wheels almost up in the air. So,I knind of lean towards the Equalizer it seems the one with the less effort to set up, but the $618 tag kind of spooks me especially after the purchase of the TM andTV all in the same month, anybody has any ideas as to how hard is it to hook up one like the one Curt makes or Reese? if im going to have to go to a gym and work out in order to set it up ill have to find some of buying the Equalizer, by the way i mailed a check to Chris Tretta for membership this morning, still not to sure how to use this medium, O.K. ill wait for any replies, and again Thanks a lot. Juan Poblete (victor310)
Old 05-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #2
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Not trying to influence your decision but http://www.rvwholesalers.com has the Equal-i-zer for $399.00 including shipping if the price is your primary concern. We got our 600/6000 from them but found their customer service was better than their bookkeeping. I ordered over the internet and when I didn't get an acknowlegment in a couple of days I called them. They said it was out of stock but they would send one from another location. It arrived, I installed it and all was well until UPS showed up with another hitch a couple of weeks later. I refused delivery on that one and got a call from them a few days later wondering what was wrong with the hitch. They seemed both puzzled and pleased at my response -- they had billed me for only one so I suppose I could have kept both but who needs two of the things. I suspect they have patched the hole that let that happen by now.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
Freedom

You can always check with U-Haul. They sell WD hitches and install them. Cheaper than most any where else.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
rangarr1

Default My WD hitch uses a chain and a cheater bar. It is not that much of a struggle to get

Just an FYI - My WDH uses the cheater bar also but the last trip out I forgot to take the bar along . What I found was once I connected the TM to the TV I could raise both the TM and TV with the TM crank to a level that made attaching the chains easy to do by hand and not need the cheater bar. I think I'll remember the cheater bar the next time but if I don't I got it covered.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
Caver
Site Sponsor

Default Equalizer Hitch

Victor310,

If you do order the Equalizer Hitch make sure you order the 2 inch ball that goes with it. The shank size is larger than you may be able to find locally.
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
FunForB&B

Default Will WDH help?

Hi All. This is our first post. We are getting both TV and TM at the same time. After reading the info. in the Mr. Truck link it raises some doubts about the Jeep Grand Cherokee we are considering. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions about the issues mentioned from unibody and rear suspension in 05+ models. These have a 2" longer wheel base from the earlier ones mentioned in the article. Thanks
Bob & Beth