TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraJ View Post
I continue to be awed by the members of this forum. I'm not sure I would have had the nerve to try this alone without the support provided by all of you!
Appreciate the kind words. That is one of the great things about this forum. From a very modest beginning, we have built it into a place that is safe, spam-free, and filled with knowledgeable people willing to help on any question.

By the way, let us know if the problem is solved by lifting the shower hose/head. That would make you one of the "knowledgeable people".

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:25 PM   #12
BarbaraJ

And, voila! I have water!! The najor culprit was tha shower head lying in the tub. I did have some drainage from the FW tank overnight with not much ending up in the grey tank. I looked further for gnome mischief and found a drip from the tank drain. Tightened it up and no more water loss. I will still have to repair the leaking faucets when I get home, but better that than a leaking water line. Thanks again for all your help.
New to me 2007 2720sl, new Atwood electric tongue jack, swing hitch, new group 31 battery, battery cubby mod with 3/4" plywood floor, battery cutoff switch, 100w Renogy solar suitcase, new propane regulator, new 14" class d tires, new dump valves as a result of blowout on trip home (replaced plumbing from floor flange down, new gaskets in toilet), new Battery Minder.
2005 Toyota 4runner, V8, 4wd
BarbaraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:46 AM   #13
Bill
Site Team

I'm glad that the "repair" was easy. The idea that it was a siphoning problem was new. You are the first to report it, I think. But now it will form a part of the forum's body of knowledge.

Bill
Old 08-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #14
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I'm glad that the "repair" was easy. The idea that it was a siphoning problem was new. You are the first to report it, I think. But now it will form a part of the forum's body of knowledge.

Bill
Hmmm, yeah, odd.... I ALWAYS leave my shower head in the tub, it is never hung up. And last year my son broke the shower head off, and I haven't replaced it yet, so only the faucet knobs are stopping water flow...

There has to be something still amiss with the shower head - it leaks, or something, for it to create a siphon... I would think... ??
Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Holly -

I agree. The faucet knobs should stop the flow entirely. But if the faucet leaks a bit, or if it is left on a bit, water will leak past it. And since the bottom of the tub is not flat, water will fill most of the length of the hose, and this is enough to keep the siphon going. Odd set of circumstances, but I can't think of any other way that the fresh water tank could empty itself into the gray water tank, with the pump off and no pressure applied in the fresh tank.

Bill

Tags
fresh water problem