TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Cool...I am now a convert to regular toilet paper.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
Scottie Dogs

Hi -

We have been in Show Low AZ. now for 10 weeks with the TM, and I dump the toilet every morning, even if it is half full, I will take the shower head and fill the toilet up and dump then do a recharge. I do use the special toilet paper and it works good. I really like the toilet, the only thing I did was remove the skirt, that is for movement on the road for splash up especially for boats hitting the waves, it is useless unless you travel with a full toilet. I don't need to do that and never will...

The reason I dump in the morning I don't need to hear from the wife at 5 in the afternoon when I am kicking back and relaxing talking to camping neighbors, DEAR the toilet is full. I will spend a little extra money for chemicals so I don't have to dump right before dinner, get it done very early and enjoy your day...

“Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark”

Dave
Old 09-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
Dsavage411

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeded View Post
Hi,
Just got my TM two weeks ago and still fiddling with stuff around. I noticed lot of people are not big fans of the recirculating toilet that comes with the TM, and lot of them are keeping it for a "light" duty. However, I do have two kids, and would like to use our toilet exclusively, instead using whatever is available at camping site.
Now I have couple of questions about it.
- Can I throw TP in there (that hole looks very small) :-)
- If two adults, and two kids (7 & 4) use it constantly, how often do you think I would have to empty it before gets full, OR it starts to smell?
- Is it possible to dump the content in the tank (opening leveler on the bottom of the toilet), and charge it again for another couple of days? Is that holding tank big enough to handle two charges (I guess it would always hold only one charge. Once you empty first one, you release second one in the tank then dump it)?
- Did anybody ever have blockage, and how did you guys deal with it?
- Are there any good "nature friendly" type of chemicals that could be used and do work?

Thanks

Erni
We will get the occasional slider that will not slide. I go outside and find a stick and help it along. It's nasty but it works. I have not taken out the flapper yet but I'm thinking of doing it soon. It's no fun playing with "mud".
Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
PopBeavers

I use the RV toilet paper. A 4 pack is a 2 year supply. for 5 adults, 3 of which are women.

We are gone most of the day, so no one is using the toilet from around 9AM until 5PM.

4 of the 5 of us are current or former backpackers. A vault toilet is a luxury item to encounter.

If we do not conserve, then I will need to close the TM, drive down 5 miles of single lane mud (dirt) then another 30 miles of paved road to the dump station. This is not practical. Especially if it were a daily event.

We, obviously, never have accesses to hookups. I have nothing against hookups. but my requirements are for a minimum of 1/4 acre site and the ability to legally ride ATVS from my campsite to the trails.

If I can hear any sound from an adjacent camper, then the sites are too small.

From now on there will be 6 of us. As of 9/1/2012 I became a grandfather. His requirement for the toilet will be zero for at least 6 months.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #15
ThePair
TrailManor Master

2 adults, 2 kids, nearly exclusive use of the Thetford over routine 4 days/3 nights trips, and we've not yet gotten to "full" on the gauge.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
Tahoemanor

Default How long does the toilet work.

I have a 2005 30-23 and have used it many times. The toilet will last only 3-4 days periord with two adults. It is the down side of the trailer as is the size of the refrig. Fill it until is just starts to flush when you press the button. This is before the actual fill line shows. It's below the line but will give you an additional day. I privitive camp most of the time. No anything!

Pack a shovel and when you can, use the outdoors. You can extend a campout to a week if you do. Also take a large cooler to keep beer, sodas and the like cold so it gives the refrig more room for food. It fits fine when you close up the unit inside.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

If you really want to conserve, don't fill it at all & keep a 2 liter soda bottle full of water to wash the bowl down.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
nightowlgk

I am getting ready to swap my recirculating toilet for the Thetford Curve, top of the line cassette.

I dry camp mostly and don't want to deal with dump stations, hoses, smell, etc. Having done that for years, luckily I had a Sewer Solution and my own septic tank next to my driveway. Now I have moved.

I will pull out the cassette at the end of 3-4 days camping and empty it into whatever toilet or Johnny on the spot, is available.

Gray water will go thru garden hose to my back "garden" or into a laundry sink.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
moaboy

Does it make sense or as an option could one leave the waste water dump capability understanding that on the top end there is nothing to dump?
Let us know how the conversion goes. Thanks and good luck.