TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
jmajikas

Unhappy roof issues

I am looking for a used trailmanor for my family to start our camping memories. I have heard a lot of talk about the seals on the roof line. We are looking for a used unit, is there a year where this is a bigger problem that I should be aware of? Is the repair an easy fix?

Jeff
Old 01-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
rumbleweed

Smile roof

Jeff

Don't think there are any specific years to watch out for at least in the recent past. Many people have no issues and while some do. Most all issues occur at seams or around roof top equipment seals ( AC, vents TV ant etc). The leaks are in most cases simply caulked joints where the caulk has let go in an area. This is no different than caulked seams on your home, they don't all last forever especially when subjected to the vibrations of a moving vehicle. The toughest part is to find the actual leak source ( lots of posts here on that) but once found simply removing the old caulk, cleaning and reapplying caulk is all that is required. I would not let this concern keep you from the enjoyment you will get from a TM. Recommend you become a full member of this forum as pretty much any question you have regarding TMs can be answered here.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
jmajikas

Thanks for the info. If I could just find a TM in my area that would be great. I have a wanted post on the sight and will become a member as soon as we can. This has been the best source for info on the TM. Thanks again

Jeff