TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
evans27292

we have a 2007 3326k and love it. i traded in a 05-3023 on it.i pull it with a 05-chevy crew cab 5.3 v8 2 wheel drive and avg. 17.3 mpg.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
mike-rm-cd

We asked the dealer to call us when King bed models (special orders) could be seen on the lot, during the time from delivery to the dealer and delivery to the customer. Had to wait awhile, but they were happy to do so.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #13
mike-rm-cd

Lynn, welcome to the site: We bought a 2002 2720 SD last October. Loved it, camped for 45 days +. Then we had our dealer watch for a special order TM (with a KS bed). Saw one, didn't like it. Then he said he had a 3326K for delivery, please come look. We did. When I saw the smile on my wife (30 seconds after stepping up and in), I knew we were about to trade up.

We did, and the 3326 is stupendous. We have been out once, for 3 days - and will go out over Labor Day for 8 days. Bay Area for a month in Oct, Mesa, AZ in Jan '08 for 3+ months.

3326 tows easily (we have a Tundra V8 - 2005), and I am pretty much convinced we can take the new TM almost anywhere. IF my wonderful wife allows the attempt!

Factory says that this 30' trailer is "the equivalent of a 33' trailer." My tape measure shows this one to be 30' 1" -- but I am really confused that 31 feet is the "equivalent" of a 33 foot trailer. When I reserve a campsite, I say that it is a Travel Trailer 30 feet in length. Let the CG argue about the other 3 feet!

Call a dealer (or many), and ask them to call you when a special order has arrived. You don't (maybe won't) see many of these (used) for sale. Keep on with the Owners' Forum - it is a WORLD of good information.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #14
BobRederick

Mike
I gotta warn you, Sonora Pass is probably a place you don't want to go over! I made it with my Envoy 3 weeks ago. But we were down to 10 MPH and loosing speed in low at 10,000 feet. I was picturing us rolling to a stop with me standing on the brakes to hold it -- and nowhere to turn around! Bonnie kept reminding me we had 4X4 Low that we could use, but I sure was sweating bullets! I had the 3325 loaded to the max for 4 days camping on the road on the way to Phoenix. I had lived in it for 4 months prior (Susanville and Sonora) and had all my stuff in there plus Bonnie's travel nurse suitcases.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:38 AM   #15
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-rm-cd View Post
Factory says that this 30' trailer is "the equivalent of a 33' trailer." My tape measure shows this one to be 30' 1" -- but I am really confused that 31 feet is the "equivalent" of a 33 foot trailer.
A lot of trailer manufacturers include the tongue in on the measurements. Even thought the raised TM is over top of the tongue, I think they still add the tongue length to the total.

Chap
Old 08-25-2007, 07:32 AM   #16
Dixielou

Here is the address of a thread that covers quite well the virtues and value of the TrailManor 3326K :

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...5106#post35106
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #17
Freedom

I think where the confusion comes in is that a 26 ft travel trailer isn't 26 feet long either. In Washington, and I think most other states, you license a travel trailer by the "overall" length. That means from the very front of the coupler on the tongue to the back of the spare tire cover on the back - or whatever is farthest back. So when you translate that into the size of the actual living space of the trailer, you have to subtract 4+ feet depending on the length of the tongue and whatever sticks out the farthest in the back so your 26' trailer just became 21 or 22 feet of "living space". The RV industry picked up on this and over-rated all travel trailers as being 4+ feet longer than they actually are. TrailManor took it one step farther, claiming that when the 2619 is set up, the living space is equivalent to the living space in a standard 26 travel trailer which isn't 26 feet. I just went out and measured my 2619 from the back to the front of the front rock guard and it's 275 inches on the outside. Now usable space inside is way under that. It's all a game of mirrors and slight of hand. All trailer manufacturers play this game and the worst part of it is that it's legal! Talk about false advertising! Where's the FTC when you need them!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #18
mike-rm-cd

Bob Rederick: Thanks. I thought of your advice as we were driving home through Oregon and Washington, on high-up Forest Service roads (paved and REALLY curvy). TV and TM performed flawlessly. However, I kept muttering to myself about what to do if the TV had a break-down. Cell-phone service was non-existent. OK, just turn around and go back downhill (brakes'll work, yup?). 3326 is sorta big to get turned around on a 1 to 1-1/2 lane road. Sonora Pass will have to wait! Mike
Old 12-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #19
Shandysplace

Default Our 3326 for sale

Our 2008 3326 is for sale at http://www.thecarshowinc.com/exotic-...seHistory=true. It has less than 1500 miles and is in excellent condition. It is not the Anniversary Edition.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #20
ng2951

Not that I am going to buy since I already have a 3326, what does that grill cover under the king bed? A genset maybe?