TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
SCBillandJane

Default A Trailmanor Rally

We have had our Trailmanor a few years and never attended a TrailBlazer Rally until we went to James Island County Park near Charleston, SC in March to a Dixie Chapter Rally. You really should go to one. Everyone is someone like you. After all, they bought the same RV. We learned about a great campground near a great place to visit. We went on a tour of modifications that owners have made to their Trailmanors. Wow! There are some talented owners. All were eager to show their ideas. There were camp fires and a potluck dinner. It really was well worth the trip. As far as I know all Trailmanors are welcome to any TrailBlazer Rally as long as they are a TrailBlazer member. It might be fun to schedule a vacation around a rally being held in a different part of the country. You would really get the best camping information about that part of the country.
SCBillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Shandysplace

Default TrailManor Rallies

Go to http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Mi...es-events.html for a listing of all TrailBlazer rallies. Having hosted several of them for our West Coast Chapter, we can certainly speak for the over 60 TMers who've been attendees at our past rallies, as to the many benefits posted by SCBillandJane. Our next rally will be at Pismo Beach, CA from 9/10-10/2. Our rallies are open to all TM owners as well as prospective owners desiring to get hands on access to other owners and their TM experiences.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
REBCAT

Bill & Jane

We were glad that you were finally able to attend a rally. We loved meeting you and look forward to the next rally in October in Gasden Al.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBillandJane View Post
We went on a tour of modifications that owners have made to their Trailmanors. Wow! There are some talented owners. All were eager to show their ideas.
Could you share the ones you thought were interesting?

The DW and I are seriously looking at the jamboree in June of 2012 (Niagara Falls).

Koz
Old 05-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
REBCAT

Pitbull

We attended the Jubilee in Branson in 2009 and had a ball. Met alot of people and look forward to seeing them again in Niagara Falls.
We have attended every Dixie Chapter rally since we bought our 1st TM in 2006. We have a great time and cannot wait until the next rally. Because of work we have not been able to attend any other chapter's rallies but hope to someday.
If you like to meet new people and make new FRIENDS do not hesitate attending a rally. And as Bill & Jane said as a Trailblazer you are welcome to attend any rally reguardless of the chapter.

Bob & Cathy
Old 05-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBCAT View Post
Pitbull

We attended the Jubilee in Branson in 2009 and had a ball. Met alot of people and look forward to seeing them again in Niagara Falls.
We have attended every Dixie Chapter rally since we bought our 1st TM in 2006. We have a great time and cannot wait until the next rally. Because of work we have not been able to attend any other chapter's rallies but hope to someday.
If you like to meet new people and make new FRIENDS do not hesitate attending a rally. And as Bill & Jane said as a Trailblazer you are welcome to attend any rally reguardless of the chapter.

Bob & Cathy
I have several trips scheduled for this year starting with a break-in short run to make sure everything is working, before doing some distance. After that we want to make some Trailblazer events. Niagara Falls will probably be the first.

Koz
Old 05-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
REBCAT

Pitbull

We will look forward to meeting you then. Where are you from?

Bob & Cathy
Old 05-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBCAT View Post
Pitbull

We will look forward to meeting you then. Where are you from?

Bob & Cathy
I'm in the Giants stadium area of NJ.

Koz
Old 05-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
Could you share the ones you thought were interesting?

The DW and I are seriously looking at the jamboree in June of 2012 (Niagara Falls).

Koz
Mods that I have made:

drawers in one of the lower cabinets

exterior switch to disconnect the batteries

second battery

added over stove cabinet (not available for my 2005)

drilled new hole in rear shell bracket that keeps the top shell snug against the bottom shell to eliminate drafts

wites stubbed to the rear of the fridge so I can plug in outdoor speakers

pool noodles for rear bunk insulation (technically not a mod)

mods I intend to make:

get another leaf for the table and cut it 1/3 and 2/3 to give me more choices for table size.

cut and trim outdoor carpet that I can place over the vinyl floor. vinyl is easier to keep clean when riding dirt bikes, but for off season vinyl is cold in the mornings.

Mods I have seen but do not intend to do

solar

12v to 120v converter

television mounting brackets (we don't take a TV)

That is all I can think of. This information comes from several trips to the West Coast rally in Petaluma, CA
Old 05-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
Mods that I have made:

drawers in one of the lower cabinets

exterior switch to disconnect the batteries

second battery

added over stove cabinet (not available for my 2005)

drilled new hole in rear shell bracket that keeps the top shell snug against the bottom shell to eliminate drafts

wites stubbed to the rear of the fridge so I can plug in outdoor speakers

pool noodles for rear bunk insulation (technically not a mod)

mods I intend to make:

get another leaf for the table and cut it 1/3 and 2/3 to give me more choices for table size.

cut and trim outdoor carpet that I can place over the vinyl floor. vinyl is easier to keep clean when riding dirt bikes, but for off season vinyl is cold in the mornings.

Mods I have seen but do not intend to do

solar

12v to 120v converter

television mounting brackets (we don't take a TV)

That is all I can think of. This information comes from several trips to the West Coast rally in Petaluma, CA
Thanks!

I will be installing mud flaps today. On my first short distance trip (1 week) I will be rewiring all the sub-par wiring and connections (outdoor wiring, brakes-tongue area). After that I will start with the convenience mods, such as slide-out/cabinet and storage shelves, upgrade lighting (would like to have all LED) and speakers with outside connections. I already converted my barbecue grill to use the trailer's remote gas connection (Camco 4100 quick-connect conversion kit).

Koz