TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-03-2002, 12:22 AM   #1

Default More specifics on bubbled area; advice sought

Here are some specifics on that bubbled area on the used unit we are seriously considering.

The Mrs. says the area in question is approximately 13 inches long, approximately 4 inches wide, and the bubble has a depth similar to a cupped palm of the hand, maybe 1/4" or 1/2".

Is this something anyone would be concerned about and can anything be done about it?

Thanks again
Old 12-03-2002, 01:07 AM   #2
hal

Default Re: More specifics on bubbled area; advice sought

Why not contact the TrailManor factory and get the first hand knowledge about this problem.  I would say that there are few of us that have had a similar problem.  Equally important is an answer  to the question of will this situation continue to grow based on use or other contributing conditions.  Ask for Donny.  He or anyone else you may talk to will give you an honest assessment based on the history of past similar problems.  I have a similar problem in front of the sink.  I have considered drilling fine holes through the aluminum and injecting an adhesive to reattach this bubble area.  Please let us know what you find out.

Hal
Old 12-03-2002, 10:42 AM   #3
Happytrails

I'm wondering if the area is around the "pocket stops". If so, there might be some slight damage caused from side to side movement when opened. Might want to search this site for info on "warping", tho usually it's on the outside of the TM. Did she say anything about it opening and closing ok? BTW, the "warping" on the outside can be seen on my site if you were curious what I'm talking about.......but it's all on the outside of the TM, not on the inside at all..........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]
Old 12-06-2002, 03:46 AM   #4
oilspot

I agree with happytrails.  

I observed (and fussed) about warpage (or bubbling) in the walls, but eventually found out it is just the way the trailer is built.

The walls must bulge out slightly around each pocket stop to accomodate the extra hardware and reinforcing plates.

You note doesn't say much about location, but I would be concerned if the bubbling is on the roof or floor, but not around the support arms.