TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default New Trailmanor Travel Trailer built like a HiLo...the RISE

So excited...now I think about it...it should read built similar to a HiLo...really not the same at all...no gears/pulleys/ cables in this new baby...it has hydraulic lifts. I once suggested that on a HiLo board to folks who were considering bringing the HiLo back. I said use hydraulic lifts like the slid in truck campers use to lower and raise the camper example for lifts to drive the truck out from under it. Just get ones that are smaller but can still do the job.

This is the coolest camper we have seen in a long time.

This was posted on Facebook about a hour or so ago. This is not the RISE truck camper this is a Travel Trailer.......I want one!

I bet ya'll have already seen this latest Trailmanor Travel Trailer built similar to a HiLo..but this is exciting:

http://trailmanor.com/wordpress/?page_id=494

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I love the hydraulic lifts on it. Three floor plans will be available. Love the bathroom too.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
hoverlover

Hmmm, a 2417 without the beds, Why? Weight?
hoverlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

This looks great! Now that we don't have the kids traveling with us, this would be perfect! I'll bet it weighs a lot less that the bifold models. I wonder how much they'll cost. I also like the privacy area in the back!
Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Can't tell much other than it looks like three linkages on each side, no central or end cyl. Big issue would be the synchronization. Seen any of the patent numbers ?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #6
davlin
TrailManor Master

I like the "Rise" concept, but they're going to have to come up with longer floor plans and permanent beds. Just sayin'.

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #7
hjbourge
Site Sponsor

Default New Models

When are they going to put out the spec and interior pictures of these new models? All I keep seeing is coming soon on all of them, would be nice to see some pictures and other information, such as weight, how does the bathroom fold etc. Also some info on the new trailview would be nice also. Should I upgrade or not? This is my question????

2720SD TM 2010 model
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Prodigy brake controller
hjbourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #8
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Personally think a better investment would be a power actuator for the existing TM line. A hydraulic cylinder that actuates a 90 degree motion is not hard, I designed one for 1200 ton aluminum die casting machines when I worked for GM. Be easied to just use a singe cylinder at each end but need to get the actuator out of the way of the slide in front.

Am getting just a glimmer of a way to do it. Having a single cyl at each end eliminates the synchronization issue and reduces cost.

As usual I just realized that the same linkage could terminate at a lever at the side. Push down (almost anyone can push down) and it opens. Power assist an option, possibly driven by a power drill, how does that sound ? (Years ago I designed a similar rig to disassemble the armature wires in an alternator, was tricky because in a used alternator the wire often spun on the stud which is A Bad. So a "fork" to hold in place.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #9
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Personally think a better investment would be a power actuator for the existing TM line. A hydraulic cylinder that actuates a 90 degree motion is not hard, I designed one for 1200 ton aluminum die casting machines when I worked for GM. Be easied to just use a singe cylinder at each end but need to get the actuator out of the way of the slide in front.

Am getting just a glimmer of a way to do it. Having a single cyl at each end eliminates the synchronization issue and reduces cost.

As usual I just realized that the same linkage could terminate at a lever at the side. Push down (almost anyone can push down) and it opens. Power assist an option, possibly driven by a power drill, how does that sound ? (Years ago I designed a similar rig to disassemble the armature wires in an alternator, was tricky because in a used alternator the wire often spun on the stud which is A Bad. So a "fork" to hold in place.
Too complicated for most RV'ers that are looking for TM options. Adding weight is not the solution and components like hydraulics, power, fork? its not practical and would increase an already expensive camper. IMHO...

rv

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #10
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Actually thinking something very simple and mostly made of aluminum tubing. Whole thing under 20 lbs (more like 10-15) & either hand or driven by a portable 3/8" drill. If removable could use same one on both front and rear & do not have a concern about getting out of way of slide.

Will get to Lowes or HD & may bend one up. Proof of Principle can be crude compared to production. Just need a 42" pivot arm. Could even make it TV powered 8*)