TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Stone859

Default Elkmont 24 Roof Problem

Hello:

I've been reading the post and following this group for some time, but this is the first time I've posted anything. My wife and I recently purchased a 2010 Elkmont 24 and took it out for the first time this weekend. The first day it rained almost all night and the next morning I noticed there was a small amount of water in the front closet (drives side). I went on the roof and noticed that the previous owner must have had some sort of a problem because they had taped (using a heavy RV tape with a thick black backing) over the plastic molding that holds the two panels together in the front of the trailer. The tape had lifted allowing the aluminum and the rounded plastic molding to pull away from the styrofoam center. The aluminum is lifted so much you can easily sick your finger under neath it, and it runs almost across the front half of the trailer. The other side seems fine. It seems like I should be able to glue it down and maybe re-stick that decorative piece down...or maybe purchase another plastic piece of trim.

We really love the trailer...it has a couple of issues that I think we can take care of but we were not expecting the roof to look like that. I've been towing some type of RV trailer for more than thirty years now and this is by far the easiest one I've ever pulled. Now I know that I should have gotten up there to take a look at the roof, but I just didn't think it was necessary...it was a recently widowed woman that was nice as could be and told me "It has never leaked"! Live and learn.

Any help anybody could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1214.JPG
Views:	789
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	8429   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1215.JPG
Views:	782
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	8430   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1213.JPG