TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2003, 08:18 AM   #1
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default ANOTHER Water Heater Question

We spent the past couple of weeks having a great time in our TrailManor and this was the longest stretch that we have spent consecutively, and everthing went better than I had anticipated.

I did have something happen that I want some opinions on....I run my water heater on gas and electric, and after about 5 days, I noticed that the water was starting to make a noise like the element was boiling the water in the heater...it would happen at different times of the day and would last about 5 minutes then go away.  I tried opening a faucet to see if this stopped the noise, but it did not.  I have never noticed this noise before, and because it was a new and unfamiliar noise, it actually woke me up a couple of times at night.  Does anyone else have this noise? Any thoughts?

Other take aways from the two weeks....the fridge is not real efficient when the temps are consistently over 100 degrees.  I had to run it on MAX with the fridge fan running most the time to keep things cool and ultimately I could turn it to near 6, but it was never as cool as I like it.  The other issue was with the Air Conditioner...I learned not to leave for the day with the unit in Cool High and the temp dial at max...I iced up the compressor and it stopped cooling....once I figured out what I was doing, I put the unit on cool low and the temp at the mid point..that kept things nice and cool inside.  

Other than these things...everything went perfectly!! I hated to have to come home!

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote