TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
cali camping

Default Let's hear from all those new Elkmont owners!

I'm going to kick start this thread! I know some of us use the "New Posts" feature of the forum to view what's changed so this "kick start thread" will get it in there!

I'm ready to start learning about the ins and outs of the new TM!

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Beak12

Default Elkmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali camping View Post
I'm going to kick start this thread! I know some of us use the "New Posts" feature of the forum to view what's changed so this "kick start thread" will get it in there!

I'm ready to start learning about the ins and outs of the new TM!

I have been told that TM will be puttng a fold out couch in the new Elkmont anyone know if that is true or not. It will be the up to the customer.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
rdmoreno
Site Sponsor

Default Elkmont with Sofa is right.

I received an email from Custom RV a few weeks ago letting me know that
they had the new Elkmont in to view for a limited time but I didn't get a chance to see it. It's supposed to have a pullout sofa with an air mattress. Contact Custom RV, they may have photos that can be emailed.
rdmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
Beak12

Default Elkmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmoreno View Post
I received an email from Custom RV a few weeks ago letting me know that
they had the new Elkmont in to view for a limited time but I didn't get a chance to see it. It's supposed to have a pullout sofa with an air mattress. Contact Custom RV, they may have photos that can be emailed.
Took my TM to Custom last Saturday. To have some work done. But they only had one Elkmont on the lot. The one with the bed up front. Much nicer in person than the pictures. Have talked to the factor they are sending me paperwork. Sure like working and dealing with Custom you never feel like your being rushed. Problem was we had a lunch date with friends at noon in Santa Ana and we got to custome at 1145. Not much time to talk. LOL

Old 02-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
Carol & Lou cornell

Thanks for starting this new space for Elkmont owners. Hubby and I traded in our 2008 3124 for the Elkmont at the Florida RV show in January and took it out for a shakedown trip week before last to Orlando, about a 2 hour trip from our home in St Petersburg FL. While we loved the 3124KB, we travel with our 2 dogs and there were times when we wanted to make stops along the way and one of us always had to stay in the car with the dogs. Being first time campers, we really liked the many features and light weight of the 3124 (we pull with a 2008 Toyota highlander), so when I saw a picture of the Elkmont, it seemed like it might suit our particular situation better. Hubby was a little concerned about how much shaking the new camper would do on the interstate when trucks go by. I'm happy to report that while he feels there is a little more wind resistance, we didn't notice much sway from trucks going by, and gas milage was similar. We have the model with the walk around queen bed, and it is a perfect size for 2 people and a couple of dogs. Our 3124 had 2 sofas, which was nice for watching TV, but we didn't mind one of us watching on the bed and the other one on the sofa of the new camper. The biggest pluses for us was the full size refrigerator, the larger bathroom with a bunch of storage and we liked the toilet with the holding tank (I understand you can also get the recirculating toilet if you want one) and being able to put the dogs in the camper when we make a stop. Since we're not much into boondocking, this suits us well. It was also a little easier getting ready to decamp since we didn't have to take anything off the walls. We also like the fine quality cabinets and walls that are a trademark of the Trailmanor product, which we love.
One thing that amused us was that we were no longer the object of curiosity/interest in the campground, the way we were with the 3124. I guess we looked like any other lighweight travel trailer from the outside.
On our recent trip, we got a chance to try out the camper in heavy rains (from noon one day to noon the next). No problems except for some condensation on the inside of the windows. Also had a cold front come in and temps dropped to the 30s so we had a chance to try out the gas furnace, which worked great and we stayed nice and warm. We've been told also that the AC unit in the ceiling is a little quieter than in our old unit, but it hasn't been warm enough yet to try it out.
So all in all we are very happy with out new camper and will be happy to answer any and all questions!

Carol and Lou Cornell
Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 AM   #6
allenj

I'm mainly curious about the comparative fuel mileage of folks who have switched from a traditional TM to the Elkmont.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 AM   #7
Joseph

Default Thank you Carol and Lou

Thank you for sharing your experience with the new TM. Sounds very nice and hope to see one soon.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
jbh1993

How did you get to see the new Elkemont?.I have called trailmanor twice and was given the a name and number to contact he said that the dealership in Nashville and Huntsville neither has it . My sister in law is very interested but will not buy without seeing them. I even asked him about if it would be featured at the RV show in Jackson Tennessee and he wasn't aware that there was one until he looked. He then said that one of the customers that called him was thinking about going to the TM factory to get it, is this the only way you can look at them before buying? Because it sure wasn't the way it was handled when we bought our 3326 King.
jbh1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

We was showed the Elkemont at the factory while getting some warranty work done. It was really nice but wouldn't fit our family well due to not really having a separate bed room for our 14 yr old son. He really likes having his own space same as when we stayed in resorts & most hotel suites.

The Bath Room was really nice also. The Full size fridge was definitely a plus shoot my work truck has a bigger fridge than our TM LOL.

I just hope TM doesn't forget about the original ones.

Oh well we really like our 3023 so far since it still fits the campgrounds well & has enough room even for those times when you are forced to stay in due to weather.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #10
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Two weeks ago I got an email from a camper dealer in Ocala, Fl....with info on their RV Show...and he told me that had the Elkmont in stock and it would be at the RV Show. We had other plans and did not make it to that show.

This weekend Thursday through Saturday is the RV Show in Jacksonville Florida. We plan to go for a couple of hours on Thursday...can't stay too long cause we leave for a weekend camp out immediately after ward.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote