TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2003, 01:22 PM   #1
leonardbakers

Default Screendoor - Help!

Just received my screendoor from Jimmy Davis in today's UPS.  No directions ???.  Just some screen material strips with magnets in the bottom hem, joined at the top.  Top strip where they're joined has a continous velcro strip attached.  There's a white painted steel bar pre-drilled and counter-sunk for screws, but no screws.  Anybody know where/how this thing is installed?  Could anyone scan and send me directions if they received them with their screen door?

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:05 AM   #2
2619PDX

Default Re: Screendoor - Help!

It's really quite simple. (Incidentally, Jimmy sent me the screws and no white steel panel...)

1) Lock open the TM door. Take screen door out of the package and unroll it - with Velcro side facing up toward you.
2) Place the long separate Velcro strip onto the mating part at the top of the screen.
3) Place the 2 small velcro pieces on the lower outside corners. You will see where there is corresponding velcro to attach them to.
4) Remove the backing tape from the long velcro piece and both small velcro pieces.
5) Hold your screen up on the inside of your upper doorway. (You may want to mark where you are going to put the strip with a pen or pencil). The Velcro strip is going to be attached to your upper wall, just above the door, perhaps a half inch below the cieling (This is how mine is). Locate level visually and push the screen and taped velcro backing onto the wall. Note that the lower corners are notched to fit around the vinyl flaps. The corners of the screen material should just barely touch the vinyl flaps.
6) with the screen now hanging in place, push the lower end velcro onto the wall just above the vinyl flap. You will notice that the screen is notched to allow it to hang down and seal against the door.
7) You will notice that the bottom of the screen has magnetic strip material sewn in. THIS IS WHAT MATES TO THE LONG WHITE METAL STRIP YOU HAVE. Unlatch the door halves. lock upper door open, and close the lower door. Have a pencil handy.
8) With lower door closed and screen hanging in place, put the steel plate against the lower door. You can hold it in place with tape if need be. (I drew a pencil line where I needed the plate to be) Align the steel strip with the magnets on the screen. Make sure that screen is taught - (more or less tight), by way of determining your overall hieght for this strip. Mark your pencil line.
9) Now that your pencil like is drawn, check visual level. Punch hole where indicated in the strip and screw in with flathead white screws.

You're done! this took me all of 5 minutes to do.

Hope this helps!

Gregg
Old 07-15-2003, 09:27 AM   #3
2619PDX

It's about $45 with shipping and TrailBlazers discount.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:57 PM   #4
leonardbakers

Well, thanks to the above detailed info from 2619PDX and a scanned copy of the "official" TM instructions sent to me by ColoradoCop, I got the screendoor installed today.  Once I had the job sussed out and found I was missing screws and a velcro hook strip, a quick trip to the neighborhood Lowe's fixed me up.  All in all, about a 5-10 minute job. Now to find some colonial white touch-up paint for those screw heads.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:27 AM   #5
2619PDX

Glad we could help!

Gregg