TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2002, 02:53 PM   #11
KB7OUR

Default Re: height of trailmanor (with roof ac)

My 2002 2720SL with the Coleman air and lift kit sits just shy of 7' in height when folded. The roof air is flush mounted inside the TM so there is an extra flange mount on top of the roof that the unit is fixed to.

Wade
Old 04-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #12
Jubolo

Default AC Height

I wonder why Trailmanor does not install Penguin Ac's as standard optional equipment.

Since they are only 9.5 inches high, it would make the Trailmanor much easier to park/ back into a garage!!!

It would lower the total closed trailer height to 78 inches max!!!

Fred
Old 04-13-2007, 08:28 PM   #13
Goodyear Travels

I've noticed that our garage door opening varies from end-to-end by about 3/8 of an inch. I'd be carefull to note how your heights vary across the length of your door opening. Also, my wife and I considered a lift kit upgrade for our '07 2720sl. I set a laser level on the top of the AC unit (with the TM parked in the garage) and aimed it toward the door opening. I, then, caught the beam on a piece of paper and measured the gap at exactly two inches. This was not enough clearance unless we modified the door opening or deflated the tires. The first time you back in you'll still be shouting like most of us, "Honey, are you SURE it's going to clear?" -- even if you've done the math. Have fun.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:53 AM   #14
tfiggins

I have just bought a TM 2619 2004 model got home to find it was to high for garage, The dealer told me the Tm had a lift kit which I am not sure how how much this adds to height, I have looked at relplaceing the A/c with a new model a Carrier Low Profile RV Air Conditioners which is 7 1/2 high . does any one know anthng about this or any ideas as I really would like TM in garage
Old 08-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #15
PopBeavers

The lift kit is approximately 2 inches.

My 2005 TM 2720 with roof mounted a/c fits in my garage, but I did replace the solid swing up door with a roll up door to gain 4 inches of clearance.

This thread should be moved to a different category because it has nothing to do with system announcements.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
tfiggins

I do have a roll up door, but as you come into the garage from drive way there is a lip , I will measure again tonight
Old 08-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #17
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Tfiggins -

If you have read the existing threads on this topic (and you should), you have found that there are a couple possibilities.

Is the TM too high to fit under the garage DOOR, or too high to fit through the garage door FRAME? The standard height of a garage door frame is 84". Many times the door opens to only 81 or 82 inches. If this is the problem, the door can usually be lifted 2 or 3 more inches by hand, and a 2x4 propped under it to hold it open. In addition, most door openers have a height adjustment to tell the opener when to stop lifting. You can adjust the open height - I posted a couple pictures in a thread on this topic. So that may help, as well.

Rather than replacing the air conditioner (expensive!), have you considered removing the lift kit? I believe that in 2004, they were simple bolt-ons, and should come off easily. That would gain you about 2 to 2-1/2 inches. Would that get you where you need to be?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #18
tfiggins

I belive the door frame height is the problem inside the garage is higher.
I will remove the lift kit, Looking at the frame there does not seem any room to higher the frame with out changing the roof line, the roll up door goes back ok, I wll re measure the height from the floor to top of door frame this weekend, as with some older garges the frame seems to sag a little in parts I wll take some photos which may help some one with ideas

Thanks for the reply