TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #11
Al-n-Sue

Default 3124 frame?

Looking at the TM TT from the side, it looks like they took a standard 3124 frame and put an upright box on it. If you look closely, a lot of the interior looks like a regular TM - the cabinets look the same, sink, range/oven, monitor panels, fixtures, etc. I'm sure TM has optimized their production lines to accommodate this model.

Upside - all (well, most) the things that people complain about or wish for are included, in a light weight trailer.
Downside - wind resistance and no garage storage.

But the typical TM quality shines through.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #12
mtnguy

Well, it looks like I bought my conventional travel trailer about a week too soon.

I coulda bought this, and still be a member of the Trailmanor family.

My timing has been all wrong lately. I bought a bunch of S&P ETFs a couple of weeks ago, and the S&P today traded at it's lowest in 5 years.......if only I would have waited on that, also.

Chap
Old 10-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #13
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Well, it looks like I bought my conventional travel trailer about a week too soon.

I coulda bought this, and still be a member of the Trailmanor family.

My timing has been all wrong lately. I bought a bunch of S&P ETFs a couple of weeks ago, and the S&P today traded at it's lowest in 5 years.......if only I would have waited on that, also.

Chap
Hey Chap. maybe we can tell this story to Trailmanor, and they'll trade you for theirs......to keep you in the family. I strongly believe that one of the reasons they are building this new trailer is to keep loyal trailmanor owners like yourself who want to stay in the fold, but didn't have a choice when needing other things (like walkaround beds).
Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #14
Scott O

Chap, you will always be a member of the TM family! When I joined one of the first things I noticed was that cool picture of your trailer on the narrow road and wondered how you got turned around! Keep on postin'!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
camp2canoe

I'll bet it is a bear to fold to put in the garage and I'm wondering what tool is best for accomplishing that - a Sawzall or a chainsaw? (Drumroll, please.) I agree with John that I'm a little disappointed that TM isn't concentrating their efforts in their signature folding models. What's next? Fifth wheels and diesel pushers? - camp2canoe
Old 10-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #16
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

I like it. Yet, no one thing is for everyone. It's seems to match up well against the Takena model made by Chalet on the west coast. But, it will not convert me.

I still prefer:

- Low profile towing
- Garage storage
- How it gets much bigger after you get there.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #17
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
Looks interesting. I do not see why you cannot build slide outs except for the expense.
And the weight. And the increase height requirement to have a floor frame for the slide out that goes over the top of the main frame.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #18
grakin

It looks like they built a light trailer that addresses most of the criticisms the TM gets - folding, flush toilet, larger fridge, high cabinets. I can't imagine going long with a 20 gallon fresh tank and flush toilet though.

It is certainly an interesting surprise, though!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #19
BrigCA61

Wow, that's pretty spiffy! They sure come up with some surprises without even a leak of a hint before it's released!! Wow!! I wonder what kind of mileage these get with the added wind drag compared to the folding TM. It seems amazingly light - I like it too! Anyone find a price tag on it yet?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:53 AM   #20
BrigCA61

It says you have a choice between the standard flush or recirculating toilet.