TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2003, 05:12 PM   #1
MikeD
Site Sponsor

Default Newbie question number # 3 ?

Ok I give up ---

How do I a "new line" to personal text messages. That is, create a two or more line personal text messages as some of you have. I'm sure it's a special YaBB code thing that I couldn't find.

btw, I tried to put this into the "Getting Started on the Board" forum, but I couldn't post. It might make sense to have a specific forum for board usage questions such as this (e.g., common abbreviations used on the board - TM, TV, DW, etc...). I hate putting this into the FAQ forum, since it seems that it should be devoted to TM questions ?

thanks, mike
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 07:07 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:Newbie question number # 3 ?

Interesting question. I can't find a way to force a carriage return/line feed. But keep typing, and it does seem to wrap automatically somewhere around 20-24 characters. Choose your words carefully, and you should get what you want.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:20 PM   #3
Happytrails

I'm

not

exactly

sure

what

you're

referring

to,

but

you

can

place

questions

such as

this

in

system

announcements........

(unless you're talking about this)

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]

PS......if this is indeed what you were talking about, you simply apply two carrage returns instead of one to skip a line.............
Old 09-29-2003, 04:39 PM   #4
MikeD
Site Sponsor

Happy,

OK - the real question then becomes --- Where did you find this out ?? AND,,, how do you insert returns (when I try to do either "ENTER" or "CRTL-M" YaBB tries to directly change my profile - not insert the "CR" into the text). I can't find any mention of this in the limited YaBB SE help that is available.

On a related note. I was playing around with the "Your Mood" indicator, so I now have a "mood". How do I delete the darned thing and live life on this board with no mood ?

Finally, shouldn't we have a forum for board usage questions such as these rather than use the general forums ?

thanks a lot -- mike
Old 09-30-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

[quote author=MikeD link=board=1;threadid=1370;start=msg9701#msg9701 date=1064875185]
Finally, shouldn't we have a forum for board usage questions such as these rather than use the general forums ?
[/quote]
I would put board usage questions into General System Notifications.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #6
MikeD
Site Sponsor

Mike,

That makes sense - It didn't seem to be the right type of post for the "System Annoucements" board. What do you suggest ? Create a new board under "General System Notifcations" or rename the "Systems Annoucements" board.

thanks - mike
Old 09-30-2003, 07:40 PM   #7
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

I was just following the example of some other postings for questions about board features and how to use them. ;D
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 09:45 AM   #8
efelker

How about calling it what it really is (for us non-geek, techno neophytes). Why not call it "How To Use the Board" or something to that effect. If I'm trying to figure out how to turn off my mood indicator or how to format my signature, it's not intuitively obvious that I'd find those instructions in "General System Notifications."

... simple instructions for us simple minds, and my wife will tell you -- none comes simplier than mine.

Ed
Old 10-01-2003, 10:37 AM   #9
azroadrunner

I agree with Ed. Both on the location of the instructions on how to use the board and the condition of the mind.

Jim