TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2016, 08:56 PM   #31
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

OK, folks. We agreed some time ago that since none of us has any information or any expertise in the business aspects of the new company, we are not going to speculate on why they did anything in the past, or what they are doing or why in the present. We are in particular not going to speculate on what they should do now or in the future. All we know is that the company is apparently going through a hard time, and I am personally encouraged by what I see as they cope with the difficulties, whatever they may be.

Let's agree once again to abide by that. Monday morning quarterbacking and rumor-mongering don't help them, or us.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #32
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
OK, folks. We agreed some time ago that since none of us has any information or any expertise in the business aspects of the new company, we are not going to speculate on why they did anything in the past, or what they are doing or why in the present. We are in particular not going to speculate on what they should do now or in the future. All we know is that the company is apparently going through a hard time, and I am personally encouraged by what I see as they cope with the difficulties, whatever they may be.

Let's agree once again to abide by that. Monday morning quarterbacking and rumor-mongering don't help them, or us.

Bill
Good Evening Bill:
I am not sure I understand how my agreeing with another member that the "Rise" model was not a good value is in any way speculation about TM or it's current status?

I clearly support this website, and the Trailmanor brand, but like any brand, they are not perfect and I think it's OK to say that. In fact, the value of this forum is we all agree that a TM has shortcomings, and we all work together to figure out ways to turn a shortcoming into a positive.

This site with with such a strong membership and you as a moderator is one of the main reasons I bought a TM. Possibly the #1 reason. I figured so many folks with such a strong support for a brand must mean the brand is doing something right! So I must admit I am somewhat surprised my post had risen to a level that it needed to be deleted, but I will keep my opinion to myself on any new models unless it's positive.
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #33
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hi, br2_wdc -

A number of sub-threads were taken out, including some relatively innocuous posts that were part of them. One of the sub-threads suggested that TMM made a bad business decision when they decided to develop the RISE. The fact is that we have no idea what went into that decision, or even when the decision was made or what the company's situation was at that time. So we have no idea whether it was a good or bad decision when it was made. Based on the little that we know, Bob and Cleo are evidently struggling to save the company, and we all wish them success. Applying today's situation (what little we know of it) to past business decisions is simply Monday morning quarterbacking, and doesn't help or inform anyone.

Comments don't need be restricted to the positive - I've posted a number of negatives myself - but I think it is reasonable to suggest that they be based on knowledge rather than speculation.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:17 PM   #34
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Agree. The last word we received was a year ago and while a number of us have a lot of experience in businesses like this, unless asked, there is nothing we can do.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #35
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

I being a new TM owner would love to see this company flourish and kick some major tail in the RV industry as the engineering in the TM is pretty awesome. Plus it will keep our rigs on the road longer with supplied parts etc.. and future new purchases. Thanks Bob and Cleo!!!

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #36
fourteener

Hey Bill,

I appreciate your hard work on this site, as it is simply a wonderful place for us TM'rs to collaborate!

As a possible solutions, has TM ever thought about becoming a COOP (i.e. the 'REI Model')? Judging by the response, and how strongly we all feel about our TMs, I think we would all be willing to buy into a membership that would give us some sort of perk(s) (e.g. 15% off parts, annual kickback, insider information, etc.). I would think if it were done right, it would be a win for everyone.

Sticking to the facts, I think the real reason for these responses, is that all of us on the TM Owner's Forum, wants to see nothing short of a bright future for TM,,,,,including myself.

We have currently made most of our camping plans for the summer, and will do our best to market TMs to everyone that stops to witness another amazing set-up.

Thanks Again,
2008 Toyota 4Runner
Upgrades - Lift Kit with 15" Tires/Rims/Spare & Rack,
Mud Flaps, Blue Tote Caddy, WDH Bar Holders,
Custom Outside/Chassis-mounted Tool Box,
Stove Cover, Bathroom Tension Self,
Outside Speakers, Fresh H2O Deck Plate,
100 Watt Portable Solar Panel, Shower Mod,
Over-wall TV mount - - (The fun never ends :-)
fourteener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:11 AM   #37
Padgett
TrailManor Master

I agree and suspect that many here would not only buy in but could provide a lot of real world business and manufacturing experience gained from time in companies like GM, Ford, GE, and Lockheed just to name a few.

If nothing else just having a couple of Professional Engineers providing advice "on staff" would be attractive to large investors.

Note: this applies to any company, not just TM but I don't want to see TM devolve to cult status like some others I could name.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #38
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Nice to see they are back in business.

I have not checked in for awhile...it's nice to see that Trailmanor is up and running. This is a post of a 2016 Rise for sale at Prosser's in Wisconsin. I was not sure where to put this...so please relocate if needed.

https://www.facebook.com/trailmanor/?fref=nf\

http://www.prosserrv.com/default.asp...=xallInventory

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:14 AM   #39
Robert's TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
I have not checked in for awhile...it's nice to see that Trailmanor is up and running. This is a post of a 2016 Rise for sale at Prosser's in Wisconsin. I was not sure where to put this...so please relocate if needed.

https://www.facebook.com/trailmanor/?fref=nf\

http://www.prosserrv.com/default.asp...=xallInventory
I saw the post for the Rise on facebook also,......

Looks great ! I hope they sell a bunch of them!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:30 PM   #40
aslag54

I talked to Cleo today about the TM I ordered in November and she said they are experiencing some aluminum issues and are working it out with their supplier, she didn't know if my unit was effected. So my delivery date has been moved back again, this time just "2 weeks or maybe 3". I spoke to my TM dealer yesterday and it sounds like TM is getting up and running, he said he recently ordered 2 more units but this time they're 90 days out. It must be frustrating finally getting production going and get hit with material problems. For me my deposit check was cashed 96 days ago today and I was given a 60 day delivery date. Normally I would have lost my patience by now but Bob and Cleo are such nice people, they return my calls and are very open and have explained in detail the issues they've been having, I am confident they're doing their best.
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote