TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
camping with kids

Default Beds and hitches

Thank you to all who gave us input about 2320 v. 3023. We are going to Salt Lake City this weekend to look at both side by side. I have a silly question though...we were wondering if you can make the beds and leave them made when you put down the TM? I was thinking we could use regular bedding, but if sleeping bags are easier, so be it! I read about the Sierra Madre sleeping bag that has velcro for sheets in it. Just wondering what you all use for bedding. Also, I know there are threads about the WDH. We have a 2002 Ford F150 that we'll be towing with. It sounds like something we should have just to be on the safe side, however, I'm confused about the bars and what weight we should use. Also, what hitch should we use so that we can have a swing tongue? Has anyone had trouble with the swing tongues? We almost have to have one because of the storage space. Thank you for any input you have for us!

Camping with kids
Old 04-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
PopBeavers

For sleeping, we, along with many others, use the Travasak. Essentially this is a queen sleeping back with sheets attached via velcro. Sheets are much easier to wash tan an entire sleeping bag.

We like it.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Doug W.

Plan ahead and keep your bedding where you can get to it. Before you pull the bed out, make the bed. Bill suggested it and we do that unless I screw up and put the bedding where we can not get to it easily. Now I normally keep the sheets and blanket in the storage under the chair since I have a 3124KS. I use my egg crate foam for padding around the over the sink cabinet.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Cool ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
lnussbau

We have a 2 inch memory foam pad on top of the TM-supplied bed, and we use regular queen size bedding. Before closing up, the pillows go in the wardrobe and the foam pad gets moved to the front slide (with the sheet still on it) -- I just fold it in quarters and carry it to the front. It's POSSIBLE to close the rear shell with the foam pad on there, but it's a chore, and probably isn't good for the shell or latches.

I towed my 2720SL without a WDH the first couple of times, and I could really feel the trailer back there. After adding a WDH, the trailer tows MUCH better -- I can almost ignore it, except in turns, passing and backing. It even SEEMS to accelerate better, though that has to be purely psychological. The WDH may not be as essential with your vehicle, though, since our Sport Trac is a smaller, lighter vehicle.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
PopBeavers

I would hate trying to keep sheets tucked in.

We use the Travasaks and wash the sheets every trip. I wash the sleeping bags once a year.

Travasaks prevent my south end from sticking out and getting cold.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

I do not use a WDH with my Sierra 1500 and have never seen a need for it in this truck. Last summers trip was ~4000 miles. No problems with towing.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote