TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #15
cochise

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager2 View Post
On our '09 Elkmont, the fridge uses 12 VDC when traveling. The Norcold owner's manual is not very clear about this. If you have your owner's manual look at the falult codes (probably on page 11). The first fault code is no "on" light. The meaning is DC voltage is unavailable or fridge is OFF. I am not sure about using 12 VDC while not hooked up to shore power and gas turned off. That happened to me last week in a campground and I got a confusing fault code. I checked fuses, etc. and found that the shore power cable had pulled out of the power post. In any event, if only DC is available, the batteries would not last long.
If you have a full size NORCOLD refrigerator it will ONLY run on either gas or 120 VAC. In both cases it needs the 12VDC for the control. The true 3-way refrigerators have a switch that allows you to chose either, 120 VSC, LP gas OR 12 VDC. Abd yes on 12 VDC you are not going to last very long.

Page 11 in the manual the first paragraph states: On Light "OFF", meaning: DC voltage is unavailable to the refrigerator CONTROL panel, or the refrigerator is OFF.

So the 12 VDC is ONLY for the control panel, NOT for running the fridge in the Elkmont.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote