TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2003, 03:58 AM   #1
KB7OUR

Default Digital Furnace Thermostat

Does anyone know if a digital thermostat is available for the furnace as a replacement to the factory analog one?
Since the TM only uses the thermostat for heating I'm unsure whether or not a multi stage digital model (heating & cooling) would work.

Wade
Old 04-13-2003, 01:16 PM   #2

Default Re: Digital Furnace Thermostat

I had same thoughts, but these type RV furnaces draw several amps through the stat.  On a home unit, you have a relay.  Also, home systems are for 24 volts AC not 12 volts DC.  If you always were on 110 you could get a cheap digital stat, a 110v to 24v transformer and a relay and make it work, BUT I assume since you are using gas heat, you don't have 110v.  The bigest problem is the location of the stat.  Heat rises and the stat should be about eye level, like in your house. I did re do one in a pop up camper with  a long cord and velcro and you mounted it after you set up.  Worked much better.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:31 PM   #3
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Default Re: Digital Furnace Thermostat

Check out the Hunter line of stats (Wal*Mart & others), about $25.  I put a digital w/clock in our new trailer (not the TM) which has a Suburban heater similar to the TM.

It works great, and we can program the heater to come on in the morning while we stay cozy under the covers until the trailer is warm enough.