TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
klv5920

Default Power is ON!!!

Finally, after that wild storm on Friday! Power out at 4:30 pm, now back on!
Got a new generator out of it though!! Can take boondocking!!! lol!
Some still without power here in Dayton area, many more in worse situations.
Huntington, Virginia was hit very hard with powerful winds. Entire city without electric, cannot even pump gas!!! Hearts go out to them in this heat!!
Ya don't appreciate something until ya don't have it!!

Karen
Old 07-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
clown9644

Glad to hear things are back to normal for ya. My thoughts and prayers to those who are still struggling.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
clan_salmons

Default Sweating it out

Central VA was hit pretty hard, but very few injuries. About 60% without power. Upper 90's. TM refrigerator is holding up in the heat. We got the Internet back up on our phones this AM, but they are telling us it will be Saturday before we get power back. Mid to upper 90's the whole week.

We'll be fine if we can get used to our neighbor's loud generator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
clan_salmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
klv5920

My generator is loud also and gets on my nerves. But, at the time, no choice in what we bought. We ran it only long enough to recharge fridge and save our food. And there are so many people that need power due to medical situations.
Hope you get power soon. An area north of us got hit again last night and took out what had been already been repaired and more! I am keeping my fingers crossed that our power stays on. Some of our neighbors still without. It is a tough time especially with the heat.

Karen
Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I'm glad that you're OK and that you haven't had any damage. What a crazy summer it's been all over the US so far.

One of the problems with loud generators is that everyone knows you have one.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
ottfour

Power still out since Friday. ETR possibly as late as 7/7/12. Running two freezers, two refers and two floors fans as my air conditioners on generator power. Only running for a few hours at a time to conserve gas and just to keep food cold and froze. I do miss the AC and running water.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Just out of curiosity ...

During the Great Northeast Ice Storm of 1998, power was off for several days all over New England, and parts of New York, Quebec, and New Brunswick. One of the consequences, unforeseen by most people, was that gasoline was not available. The gas stations all had plenty of gas in the underground tanks, but without electricity, they had no way to pump it.

Are you folks in the outage areas experiencing this?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
PopBeavers

In the early1980's a friend of mine lost power. It was forecast to be out for a week. His freezer was full of beef.

He called his insurance agent to see if the beef was covered. Agent says yes.

Friend tells agent that the price of a generator was less than the price of the beef.

Agent authorized purchasing a generator. One time only.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
ottfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Just out of curiosity ...

During the Great Northeast Ice Storm of 1998, power was off for several days all over New England, and parts of New York, Quebec, and New Brunswick. One of the consequences, unforeseen by most people, was that gasoline was not available. The gas stations all had plenty of gas in the underground tanks, but without electricity, they had no way to pump it.

Are you folks in the outage areas experiencing this?

Bill
The town I live in (Ottawa) has no power for gas stations, stores or food but, fortunately only a 15 minute drive and I can get gas and 30 minutes for food etc. Truly hoping to be restored before the weekend but it is quite a mess around here with all the storm damage. Thank goodness for my air card.
I did hear this past Saturday and I'm not sure how legal this was but apparently Shell was selling gas off the truck at $20.00 per 5 gallon cash only. I opted for the 15 minute drive & $3.09 a gal. It's also very hot & humid here but we'll get through it.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

We drove up to NJ on Friday through MD and Va-- about 3 hours before the storm came through. Came back on Sunday -- same route, power outages were obvious all along the route. Started getting a little worried that getting gas was going to be a problem but our normal fill-up point had power and also the least expensive gas, $3 gal -- we lucked out both ways.

Tim