TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
momto4girls

Default No longer "prospective"!

A 2002 TM 2720 popped up on Craigslist a little over an hour away from me. It was in great shape and priced right. We jumped on it. It is a bit older than I would like, but it has always been stored covered under a carport, and it was very clean. It is in great condition. Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions!
Old 05-13-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Congrats on your new TM. You will enjoy it. Now take some pics and post them up!

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mom -

Welcome aboard! You've done your research, and now you will love the result.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4girls View Post
A 2002 TM 2720 popped up on Craigslist a little over an hour away from me. It was in great shape and priced right. We jumped on it. It is a bit older than I would like, but it has always been stored covered under a carport, and it was very clean. It is in great condition. Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions!
You certainly did your homework and asked the right questions on this forum, and it looks like it paid off. Your TM sounds very similar to the one I eventually bought; the condition and the fact that it clearly had been stored won me over. You made the right decision to make condition your biggest factor instead of what year.

Congrats and good luck and keep us posted ... my kids love their "clubhouse" every time we take it out, and I'm sure your girls will too!
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:13 PM   #5
momto4girls

Thanks, everyone! I am excited! It was in better condition than another we were considering that was a few years newer--and this one was HALF the asking price! I think we are going to have a lot of adventures in our future, and the kids are excited. Told my little brother about it, and he is jealous. He said maybe we could work out a trade deal--he has a condo in Seagrove Bch. He'll trade me equal nights in his condo for use of the TM.

ETA: and thanks to everyone who posts in general. I did a lot of searches of the forum as well as asking questions and found so much good information. I really appreciate everyone who participates.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #6
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Glad to hear everthing is working out for you. I'm sure you and the girls will have fun personalizing your new to you TrailManor.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:20 AM   #7
ChefLamont

Outstanding! Glad to hear the right one for you came along and was so close by.

So when is the first adventure (or trial run anyway)?
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #8
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefLamont View Post
Outstanding! Glad to hear the right one for you came along and was so close by.

So when is the first adventure (or trial run anyway)?
Well, we were hoping to take it out this coming weekend, but I'm not sure I'll be able to pull off packing, planning, etc. We closed on a condo in Auburn this morning (to house my daughters while in college), and graduation is Thursday night. Still hoping... we have a state park practically in our back yard. That's where we would go.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:30 AM   #9
ChefLamont

Yea, that sounds like a lot. I am sure you will get to it soon. Also, just know the first couple of trips will consist of several trips to walmart and making lists of things you forgot. They will be figuring out your family's "system" of where things go and who does what when. It will seem like utter chaos and hard work, but it gets better quickly, and very soon yall will be a well oiled machine and be able to get to camp and have fun in no time flat.

Congrats on the graduation and Auburn. Fine school. I have a couple of degrees from there myself.

War Eagle.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #10
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefLamont View Post
Also, just know the first couple of trips will consist of several trips to walmart and making lists of things you forgot. They will be figuring out your family's "system" of where things go and who does what when. It will seem like utter chaos and hard work, but it gets better quickly, and very soon yall will be a well oiled machine and be able to get to camp and have fun in no time flat.
Thank you for this. I was figuring it would be a learning experience.

Quote:
Congrats on the graduation and Auburn. Fine school. I have a couple of degrees from there myself.

War Eagle.
War Eagle. My husband and I are both alums.