TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-21-2003, 08:57 PM   #1
sheepdogs

Default Couch Side Screws

For whatever's it's worth, I will share this experience. Got my 3023 yesterday and put it up and down and noted that the couch adjacent to the door had a loose upolstered side panal. The screws used were too small to grip properly. I got some wide thread (for soft wood) self drilling 2 1/2 inch stainless deck screws. About 6 of them seemed to work fine. If anyone elce has a similar problem, get the longer screws and they appear to work fine.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Couch Side Screws

When we were at the Harrisburg, Pa. RV show on Sept 13th, I showed the dealer just what you mentioned. The side by the door on the smaller couch was not together. You could look down in and see that the screws were not attached. Must be a little production glitch they are having with that model.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:47 AM   #3
sheepdogs

The TM in Harrisberg was the one I bought after the show. So maybe it's an isolated problem. One of the problems was a curved arm against a straight wooden frame, with the obvious tendency to spring apart. If it happins again with the larger screws, I will add a wooden strip on the outside and bolt it, countersink and plug the bolts. I'll rout it etc to make it look good.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:42 PM   #4
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Try calling Jimmy Davis at the factory, and I am sure he has an easy solution to the problem. I probably saw you at the Trailmanors at the show. We stopped by to say hello to Josh Bryant and Jimmy Vaughn from the factory on Friday night. Also we stopped by early on Sat. and then about 8:50 P.M. Sat to see how they were doing. The phone number at the factory is 865-426-7426. If they can, they will send you something to repair it.

Let us know how you make out

Bob Strong

BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:50 AM   #5
sheepdogs

My first solution was to use longer screws. If that doesn't hold after towing secondary to flexing, I'll contact the factory as you suggested. Thanks for your interest.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #6
bill s

see my entry regarding sofa damage