TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Default First 321 days with a TM

My parents were afraid to fly, so we had a 22' Komfort that was our vacation destination when I was a kid....good memories.

When my oldest was 18 months we decided to rent a motor home and go north to the CA Red Woods. The second day into the trip we had a tire blow out and stuck to cars/hotels for the next 5 years (watching the rented motorhome in front of us on Tioga Pass at nearly 10,000' elevation lose a drive shaft didn't help).

Then last October with my boys now 7 and 4, we rented another motor home and had such a good time we stopped (with the motorhome) on the way back from the Grand Canyon at the Pomona RV Show and finally saw one of those folding hard-walled trailers I'd seen on the Internet.

The following week CustomRV drove it out and parked it in my garage to make sure it would fit and a couple of days later we took delivery.

Last night I started thinking "we've used the TM a lot and I'm starting to forget all of the places we've been." So I decided to take a crack at writing an RVLog/Notebook type application in MS Access.

I got enough of the basic structure of the application done to start entering basic trip info and wrote a couple of reports to summarize it.

In the 321 days since we took ownership of the TM, we've spent 72 nights in it and towed it over 10,000 miles. LOL - I had no idea we were spending 22% of our time in the TM. Should have known after we missed 1 weekend of camping (after going out the first two weeks we had it) when my youngest asked "Why don't we go camping anymore?"....good times.

Anyway, I'm starting to think the log will be a good idea to keep track of miles for maintenance schedules, etc. May ask for some feedback from the forum and will share the end result if anyone else wants to use it (should be able to compile it into a run-time application with no need for MS Access to execute it on a Windows PC).

--jim
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote