TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
Cammo1

Default What needs to drain when closing TM / Hot water

So we took our 2619 TM (year 2004) out for our first voyage this past week. Came up with a few questions.

On of the biggest was in regard to the Hot Water Heater.
We read the manual before using and got all the air out of the lines, then turned on the outside switch to activate it using Electric. (we did not try the propane option yet.) Inside switch was off as we did not use propane.

First question, when we closed up we turned off the hot water switch outside, opened the hot water lines until it ran cool. But there was some mention of draining the hot water tank when closing up. Is that something that should be done each time you close up?

So I have four drain lines in the back of the camper. The two back ones I believe are for the shower and both sinks. So are the two front ones for the hot water tank and one for the on board fresh water tank (currently our tank is empty.

Is it also necessary to drain the back two shower drains each time you close up as well, or is that just for winterizing?

I also read to drain these you must open up the faucets as well.

Second question is in regard to the cotter pin. We don't have one, and I don't even see where it would go. Does it slide into position somewhere? I read some thread where this is no big deal. We have the DSI unit, and I have looked at the trailmanor checklist document photo, and it just looks like a copper toned wire over the on button...is that the cotter pin?

Any words of wisdom are appreciated. We are using the camper again Monday with our grandchildren.
Dawn
Old 06-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
Shane826
TrailManor Master

My electric switch doesn’t have a cotter pin either. I wouldn’t sweat it. Just remember not to run the water heater without water in the tank...

Yes, to drain the water system you should open the faucets. It lets sit [air] in as the water drains. I open all 4 as I leave the campground. I find it creates a venturi effect as I drive down the road. Here’s a diagram of the pruning [plumbing] system with low point drains, credit to Bill...

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=435
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #3
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

You dont have to drain anything, except black and gray water. Most owners do drain as mention above. But if you are going to another campground without water you may want to leave the water in the tank and fill the holding tank before leaving the CG or your house.

When we go to CG's that do not have water hookup but have potable water we fill our water heater before leaving.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote