TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Goodyear Travels

Default Severe hail damage to TM Dealer in Phx

Late last week the Phoenix area was hit with a freaky series of storm cells. Our favorite RV center & TM dealer, Michigan Trailer Sales, was devastated by hail larger than golf balls. They were blown into the sides & roofs of nearly all the trailers on the lot.

My wife and I walked over to see what had happened to the new TM's. Most looked like they had been beat with hammers. The number of strikes per square foot varied with the roofs taking the most hits. It was so sad.

Some or all may be totaled and/or sent back to the factory. I've been in this valley for over 30 yrs and I can't recall ever seeing anything like this.

Some trailers show more damage than others depending on their angle to the winds & if they were sheltered by adjacent trailers.

But if cosmetics aren't that important to you -- you might be able to get an incredible deal on a hail-damaged trailer.

Jim, the owner, carries a number of other product lines. He didn't ask for my help -- but he's such a great guy I can't help but advocate for him in these tough times.

His number is 602 841-4890. The recession has been tough enough -- now he gets this new challenge.

Or if you need anything mail-order -- please consider Michigan Trailer Sales.

Ps -- we didn't get our '07 trailer from Jim. He didn't carry them at that time.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
LiveTicker

The dealers name "Michigan Trailer Sales" was changed to "Arizona Campers & Trailers".

http://www.azcampers.com/

Old 10-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
Goodyear Travels

Thank You -- I forgot about the name change. I pulled the phone # from my cell's directory.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

That's why they have insurance.

The trailers may not even belong to the dealer. They may belong to TM and the Dealer may be paying "Flooring" for the trailers.

I'd say that there is a pretty good chance that the dealer may send the units back to TM for new roofs. It shouldn't be a big deal for TM to change out the roofs (on the folding trailers) and send the units back to the dealer (If they are all new units).

The used inventory is a different issue. If he has any used TMs there may be some deals to be had.