TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
hal

Default Sanitary dump hose

Anywone that has needed to empty the black or gray water tanks in an RV probably agree that it is one of the least attractive tasks. This task can be made much simpler by eliminating the long dump hose when possible. I shortened a hose to about 3-4 feet and placed the proper ends on it. Now instead of "wrestling with the Anaconda", I pull our trailer into a position to dump that is within the length of this shortened hose. Dumping has never before been such a pleasure. I almost look forward to it. The only time in the past couple years that I have needed to drag out the Anaconda, was when stopped for a few days at a private campground. Most sanitary dumps are located so that my short hose will reach it.

Hal
Old 08-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Default Short hose

My husband also does that, he carries the long one just in case, but I don't think its been used.

Pam
Old 08-26-2004, 07:57 PM   #3
smookie

Smile an idea!

My husband "invented" a solution for the anaconda hose that really works well for us. He went to Home Depot and bought an 8 foot length of white plastic roof gutter. They cut in half for us and we keep it in the back of our SUV when travelling. When he connects the sewer hose, he places it into the gutter, which is just the right size. Depending on the distance, he nests the two gutter halves to the best length. With rocks, boards or whatever is handy, he props up the gutter to make a good slope for when emptying the tanks into the sewer. This has made the job a lot easier than trying to lift up the low part of the long, flexible sewer hose to completely empty it out.

smookie
Old 08-29-2004, 03:13 PM   #4
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Smook,

Neat Idea! Sounds much better than those expensive slinky holders that I see in the parks. Do you happen to know if the gutter will fit in the TM bumper box?

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:52 PM   #5
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Invented Solution

Actually I purchsed what smookies husband invented. About 2 yrs ago.

It's three segments of about 2/3 PI radians each (120 Deg). Each has a groove at the lowest point which runs the length of the "trough". That way the segments can slide for length adjustment whilst remaining aligned and locked together . There is a chain at one end which can be wrapped around the trailer's "yuk" outlet. The chain holds the trough in place. Since each segment is about 2.5 ft, the useful extension is around 6 to 6.5 ft. I keep long cable ties handy to cinch the hose in 3 or 4 places. Works like a champ! Tames that writhing anaconda when the black water valve is pulled.

Sorry - don't remember where I bought it. Think it was at a local RV dealer which has a huge parts and accessories store.

Denny_A
Old 08-29-2004, 09:06 PM   #6
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Denny,

My my, aren't you a big helper.

Not sure what to call it or where you bought it but it works like a lot like a gutter that has been sawed in half, but it has a chain on one end. Hard to see how that information could be any more factual or complete. I'm always amazed how precise you engineers can be regarding technical information and descriptions.

How could we have gone without it all this time?

Wayne
Old 08-30-2004, 01:44 PM   #7
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Angry Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-V_Driver
Denny,
My my, aren't you a big helper.

Not sure what to call it or where you bought it but it works like a lot like a gutter that has been sawed in half, but it has a chain on one end. Hard to see how that information could be any more factual or complete. I'm always amazed how precise you engineers can be regarding technical information and descriptions.

How could we have gone without it all this time?

Wayne
Hmmm..... I missed the humorous part, winks and smilies not withstanding.

It's an EASY SLIDER Sewer Hose Support, Mfr: GSI Outdoor, Spokane, WA.

Purchased at:
http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalo...25&pageNum=448

Each of 3 segments is 3' long, vice 2.5'.

Images are now on "Web Shots".

http://community.webshots.com/album/181713486Ynpsum

Denny_A
Old 08-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #8
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Denny,

Sorry. It was late and seemed funny at the time. Maybe the margaritas had something to do with it.

Wayne
Old 08-30-2004, 06:09 PM   #9
smookie

Default Sewer gutter

Hi G-V!
Yes, we can fit the sewer hose into the nested plastic gutters in the bumper. We drilled two holes into the end that fits over the sewer connection and put a small chain around the connection, held in place with S hooks.
smookie
Old 08-30-2004, 08:26 PM   #10
jbeletti
Jim

Denny_A,

Thanks for all the pics - says a thousand words. Gonna have to pickup an Easy Slider when I see one.

Jim
Visit our travel site
jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote