TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
PopBeavers

I gave up on connecting my gas grille or outdoor stove directly to the TM. I frequently have the grill 30 feet away from the TM. I do not like the idea of using a propane hoe that long.

I normally have the stove adjacent to the TM door, but depending on where the picnic table is I have had the stove and grill both on the street side of the TM and still 30 feet away.

Sometimes I use 3 grilles. I have a 3 pound propane tank, but it has a hard time fueling 3 grilles. So I just take one of the propane tanks off the front of the TM and use it. I have a pair of splitters.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #12
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I gave up on connecting my gas grille or outdoor stove directly to the TM. I frequently have the grill 30 feet away from the TM. I do not like the idea of using a propane hoe that long.

I normally have the stove adjacent to the TM door, but depending on where the picnic table is I have had the stove and grill both on the street side of the TM and still 30 feet away.

Sometimes I use 3 grilles. I have a 3 pound propane tank, but it has a hard time fueling 3 grilles. So I just take one of the propane tanks off the front of the TM and use it. I have a pair of splitters.
The kit (Camco 4100) comes with a 10' quick connect hose. I use a folding Coleman grill stand and this set-up works nicely, but you are limited to 10 feet. You could add more lengths of hose.

Koz
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
The kit (Camco 4100) comes with a 10' quick connect hose. I use a folding Coleman grill stand and this set-up works nicely, but you are limited to 10 feet. You could add more lengths of hose.

Koz
When the rest of the family is sitting at the picnic table on the street side of the TM (away from the door), I like to use the grille as close to possible to them as I can get. The three pound propane tank provides the greatest choice of where I put the grilles.

If I always use the outdoor stove and grilles on a portable table then I would do as you do.

But, I already carry two outdoor tables and sometimes 5. So I use the empty ATV trailer as a table for the grilles. It is not unusual to find the ATV trailer 50-60 feet from the TM.

With 20+ people in a quad campsite things get spread around a lot. Same happens when boon-docking.
You quite likely never go where I routinely go.