TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
WildWG
Site Sponsor

Default "Noobie Checking In"

This weekend, we "took delivery" of our "new to us" 2619 in SW Colorado and towed it back to Albuquerque, about 200 miles. We used the hitch that has been towing our 1984 8' Jayco pop-up with no weight distribution or anti-sway equipment. I am still in awe at how easily the TM towed. We do intend to add a WDH before we load up and head out. I am also amazed that in this trip, our mpg dropped only from 22 to 20.

Our TM has a rear hitch receiver in the center and we want to mount a bike rack there, but I can't figure out what to do with the spare tire. Any suggestions?

WG
Old 08-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWG
Our TM has a rear hitch receiver in the center and we want to mount a bike rack there, but I can't figure out what to do with the spare tire. Any suggestions?
Hi, WG -

Starting in 2002, TM moved the spare tire off the rear bumper, and onto a rack mounted under the curb side of the trailer just forward of the door. I know that you can buy the rack from the factory, since one of our members did so a couple years back.

If you don't mind drilling a few holes in the steel frame to mount it, you might check with the factory about the cost, and confirm that the rack will fit your TM.

Bill
Closed Thread