TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
bitrootvz

Default interior lights

We have a 2001 3023 and the only interior lights that work on 12v are the ones on the front next to the vents. I checked the fuses and they are fine. Thw front to lights over the bed with the shades don't work and the ceiling ligts on the rear don't have power either but the outside light above the door does. Any help out there.
bitrootvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:29 AM   #2
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitrootvz View Post
We have a 2001 3023 and the only interior lights that work on 12v are the ones on the front next to the vents. I checked the fuses and they are fine. Thw front to lights over the bed with the shades don't work and the ceiling ligts on the rear don't have power either but the outside light above the door does. Any help out there.
A couple things come to mind:

You mention that the only lights that work are the vent lights. To get the rear shell lights working (light by the back bed and galley lights) you have to have the bathroom set up. There is a switch on the lower bathroom wall by the rear bed that is activated by the upper bathroom wall setting on it.

AS for the front lights, are you certain they are not turned off at the vent switch? If you were not aware, there should be a black knob switch in the front most vent that controls the flow of electricity to the lights over the front bed. Rotate this once, until it clicks. If the lights do not come on, try turning the switch (at the lamp itself). if still nothing, you'll want to check voltage or bulbs. A functional voltmeter is fairly cheap.

Hope this helps.

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #3
bitrootvz

Red face you are all knowing

you called everything accept one small detail. On the front lights after you turn on the switch in the vent area, Righty lighty lefty nothing happens. The left side lit up when i turned on the vent switch but I tried a bunch of things including removing the light from the wall before I figured out I was turning the switch the wrong way. DUH. The plastic edging on the top of the bathroom wall got bent when i tried to open the outside top wall to soon the first time so it was keeping the wall from pushing the switch down all the way. all is fixed and working 100% thank you so much.http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...es/redface.gif
bitrootvz is offline   Reply With Quote