TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
sdsacr

Default New Purchase-2002 Trailmanor 3023

I posted a question last week, and said I would do a proper introduction when I got a moment. My wife and I have been looking for a camper for about 6 months now. I wanted a pop-up just to try out camping and see if it is for us, the wife, who grew up with pop-ups, wanted no part of wet, smelly canvas again. Had never heard of a Trailmanor even 3 weeks ago. Thanks to the wonders of Craigslist, found a 2002 3023 about two hours away in Florence, SC. After researching these units, we were immediately sold on them. We have set it up in the driveway each of the past two weekends. Here is what we have accomplished, and another list of what is yet to complete.
So far:
Replace exterior door knob, unit did not come with keys
Fix ground on both rear tail lights
Fabricate license plate bracket
Sanitize water system
Un-seize all hardware on both stone guards, wing nuts were seized to threaded bolt
Install Carbon Monoxide detector
Replace Fire Extinguisher
Fix oven door
Lubricate all moving metal parts
Clean, clean, clean

Yet to do:
Grease wheel bearings
Replace tires ( date code is 2005, yikes! )
Repair awning, knobs will tighten, but the arms will not lock in place
Fantastic fan is not working, will check vent opening switch
Bathroom fan is not working
Replace battery, unit came with 5 year old Group 24, will upgrade to Group 31, waiting on Amazon to ship larger battery box

Looking forward to getting out in the next month or so. Previous owner had unit hooked up to power when we purchased, so we were able to verify that A/C, water heater and fridge all worked. I have not tried to run the propane system yet.
This forum has provided much help and support so far. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0688-3.JPG
Views:	549
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	13528  
sdsacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
jleinbaugh

Welcome to TM's! We have a 3023 as well!
TV Chevy Avalanche V8
jleinbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:47 AM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congrats!
Old 05-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Welcome! Looks like you have made good progress on getting it ready for your own use. After your first trip, or two, you will have a longer "to do" list, to tweak it to your personal desires. Lots of mods that can be done, but not all will work for you. Finding the ones that interest you is half the fun of searching the forum!

Enjoy your TM!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:32 AM   #5
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Welcome, Looks like a nice TM. Yeah you will be modding a few things more Led lighting television mounts. You will have tons of fun!

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:47 AM   #6
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Lightbulb The Most Important Thing Is....

Tires!...don't scrimp when it comes to tires...I have started using Maxxis tires and have found them to be the best. Also I would like to say a hardy welcome to the TM family. This forum is invaluable.
I know it's early and you are a and all, but if I were a new TM owner and was considering doing just one modification to my trailer, it would be taking out that Thetford recirculating toilet and replacing it with the Dometic Sealand 711 M28C that you can get from Scamp trailers http://www.scamptrailers.com/ . It is WORLDS better than the Thetford! It's a bit pricey, but more than worth the cost in livability in your TM. Please feel free to go and take a look at mine that I installed in my 3124KS. You can see all my modifications that I have done (and the toilet too) on my website
http://www.trickmytrailmano.com .
Feel free to contact me at any time if you wish.
A Big Howdy
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #7
momto4girls

Congrats on your new TM. I love the layout of the 3023! We just bought a 2002 2720. Do you have pictures?
Old 06-03-2016, 10:08 AM   #8
sdsacr

Thanks for all the kind words. I have a busy weekend planned working on the Trailmanor. Here is the list:

-Picking up new tires this afternoon. Taking wheels off tomorrow and having them mounted/balanced Saturday morning.
-Greasing axles
-New battery box is here, swinging by Sam's Club today to p/u Duracell Grp 31 deep cycle. Need to mount new box and install battery.
-Parts came in from Debra @ MCD. Need to install new front stone guard arm supports, new external shower head, and new latch.
-Trouble shoot fantastic fan, will check to see if switch is the problem.

If all goes well, taking it to a local county park campground about 10 mins away and staying Sunday & Monday night. It will be a good break in trip that will have us close to home if issues arise.
I will update the thread this weekend once the work is done
Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #9
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

I believe the Torflex axle requires no grease as it contains a rubber cord or cords . Maintenance free from what I have read in my manula. However the wheel bearings do need to be repacked . But not the axle.. maybe you have a different type under your TM??

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:29 AM   #10
sdsacr

Sorry, I meant grease wheel bearings. I have the EZ grease axle with the zerk fitting. Thanks