TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2003, 10:38 AM   #1
ryanra

Default bed covers and putting down the camper

Do bed covers left on the bed make folding down the camper harder? We have a thick cover and two thin pillows on the bed.

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:18 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:bed covers and putting down the camper

Yup. We stow the pilllows in the cabinet beneath the bed, and the quilt, folded in thirds, on the couch.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

I was able to leave a foam pad, a quilted mattress cover and a sheet on both the '97 2720 and '02 2720SL rear beds. My '03 2720SL rear shell will not close and latch with anything more than a sheet on the mattress. The overhead light leaves a deep imprint in the mattress when it is opened and the light switch is usually turned on by the movement of the TM while closing, opening or towing. The 12v switch in the rear bath wall is all that keeps the light from burning the mattress when the TM is folded.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:23 PM   #4
Windbreaker

Mike, did they put in thicker mattresses or something? Or does the top just ride lower?
Old 09-23-2003, 07:49 AM   #5
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Windy,
I think the '03 mattress is firmer than the older ones and the new top shell construction is lower. TM probably lowered the roof as much as possible to allow garage storage with the rooftop low profile AC installed.
I'm going to purchase a Travasak system ( www.Travasak.com ) for the bed. That way I can store a made up bed on the front couch while the TM is folded.
MJL
Old 09-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #6
kempert
Site Sponsor

Mike,
I have a foam mattress pad and a set of sheets on my 2720SL and have no trouble when closing it. I put the pillow(s) & blanket(s) in the cabinet. There is an indentation where the light is (when closed) but my pillow goes over it, so no problem.
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:09 PM   #7
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

[quote author=kempert link=board=1;threadid=1354;start=msg9553#msg9553 date=1064357398]
Mike,
I have a foam mattress pad and a set of sheets on my 2720SL and have no trouble when closing it. I put the pillow(s) & blanket(s) in the cabinet. There is an indentation where the light is (when closed) but my pillow goes over it, so no problem.
[/quote]
I notice that you have an '02 2720SL. I had no problems closing my '02 2720SL with the mattress pads in place. It's my new '03 2720SL that will will not close with anything but a sheet on the rear bed.
MJL
Old 09-23-2003, 05:37 PM   #8
Chris_Bauer

I haven't attempted to do any adjustments on my 99 3326, but the 2720SL had a foam pad, bedspead and two pillows and it closed very easily. With the 3326, I can't leave the pillows on the bed.

Could a possible adjustment somewhere help? I'm saying this because it looks like some have difficulty and others don't ???.

Chris B.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:09 PM   #9
kempert
Site Sponsor

Mike-
Have you tried to adjust your torsion bars. There has been a lot of discussion on how & why to do this somewhere on this site.

I hope that they haven't over -engineered your '03.
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #10
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

The tops open and close ok so I don't think there is a problem with the torsion bar adjustment. I can feel the rear top sitting on the mattress pads when it is down and I just can not pull it down the last 1/2 inch to enable me to close the rear latches. Even with nothing on the mattress, it is difficult to close the rear latches. The rear of the top shell is sitting on the rubber bumper pads when there is nothing on the mattress and is about 3/4 inch above the bumpers when the mattress pads are in place.
MJL