TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #41
T and C
TrailManor Master

Folks,

I googled "Wasp spray for self defense". I found a couple of websites like snopes that say that using wasp spray this way is an urban myth.

Then there were some discussions of this subject. One pointed out that the warning lable of his wasp spray said, "can cause mild eye irritation". It makes sense to me that it takes a whole lot less to kill a little bug weighing less than an ounce than it would to disable a big man.

So, I am not buying any wasp spray real soon.

My solution to the safety problem is that I carry pepper spray in my truck, (and in the DW's car), and keep a firearm in the TM. Personally, I would never get a gun out and start waving it around just because of some bozo talking aggressive. My first choice would be to simply go in the trailer and close the door. If someone attempted to force entry...well, that's another story.

For a woman alone in and around her trailer, they make pepper sprays that come in little holsters and/or have a belt clip. Having one handy at all times would be a good idea.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #42
TheSteeleFamily

I went out yesterday morning to wash our 2 week old TM in our driveway. As I walked around toward the entry door I could see that it was ajar and thought that I just didn't close it completely when I locked up on Friday night. I pushed the door closed and it latched as usual,I then pulled on the handle to see if I had at least locked the door. The door was locked but pulled open with very little resistance. I've searched the forums and have found that the same thing has happened to several members! Most feel that it has to do with leveling,but our unit is perfectly level per the bubble "T" Level on the tongue and the bubble level that I have mounted on the top rear shell.I also have a couple of minor manufacturing flaws on the inside of the rig so I guess it's time to go visit the good folks at Custom RV and see if they can fix her up before our next outing in July.

2013 Trailmanor 3124KB
570 watts of solar panels + Portables
24" Toshiba Flat screen DVD Combo
Pioneer DEH-X5500HD Head unit/CD Player with USB and mini jack on front.
3000 watt pure sine inverter
Trailer rewired with heavy Gauge welding Cable
LED's inside and out
40 Gal. Fresh upgrade.
Elec. Tongue Jack

TV - 2010 Suburban LTZ 4x4
75th Anni. Model
With Factory Heavy duty Tow Package Heavy Duty Transmission,Oil cooler,Trans cooler, Gearing.
Weight Distribution Hitch and bars.
TheSteeleFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #43
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Is the receiving side of the lock (left side of the door frame, when standing outside the trailer) in the proper channel? Or, does it go too far into the channel?

If the receiving side is not in the correct position, there is not enough overlap between the latch mechanism and the strike plate.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #44
TheSteeleFamily

Thanks for the replies! Yes I believe it was too for into the channel. I folded it all up and opened it today and it latches well, but the receiver face (left front looking at it) seems to be angled towards the left. I think maybe I need to brace up (possibly a wood spacer?) the receiver part of the door backing plate to keep it from going too far onto the pin.

2013 Trailmanor 3124KB
LED's inside and out
40 Gal. Fresh upgrade.
Elec. Tongue Jack

75th Anni. Model
With Factory Heavy duty Tow Package Heavy Duty Transmission,Oil cooler,Trans cooler, Gearing.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #45
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Look at the mount for the pin coming up from the short door-jam. It may have come loose, and just needs to be adjusted (if yours is adjustable). No point in jury-rigging it if an adjustment to the pin mount is possible.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #46
TheSteeleFamily

Just finished loading it for an out of town job. I'll be living in the trailer for all of next week. Once I open her back up I'll check the pin, but If it was loose I "hope" I would have noticed it lol,Then again maybe not. Thank you for the tip.

2013 Trailmanor 3124KB
LED's inside and out
40 Gal. Fresh upgrade.
Elec. Tongue Jack

75th Anni. Model