TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Default Recirculating toilet video for Trailmanor

Came across this video that shows how to empty and charge a recirculating toilet and they use a TM to show how it is done.

Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

This is a great video. I have little faith that a You-Tube entry will stay in place for an extended period, but I will copy the link into the TM Technical Library. Then I will take it down when the video disappears.

As a purist, there is only one thing I object to in the video. When they set up the trailer, they ran the white fresh-water hose beneath the sewer connection's slinky hose, and directly under the sewer outlet connector. At about 3:50 into the video, you see the girl remove the slinky from the sewer connector - and spill raw sewage directly onto the fresh water hose. GACK!!

My personal practice is to hook up the slinky hose first, then set up the fresh water hose, making sure to route it entirely outside the path of the slinky - never under it, or on top of it.

At least she was wearing vinyl gloves.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Incorrect interpretation of video. Stupid content removed, due to ignorance.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Before she opened the black valve, she closed the gray valve.
Guess I am not seeing that. The first manipulation of the valves occurs at about 2:35, where "the first step is to pull the inner black handle", which is the toilet valve. At this point, the outer black handle (gray tank) is still closed. Then at 2:40, she goes inside and pulls the handle at the bottom of the toilet. Whoosh! The toilet drains, and she pushes the handle at the bottom of the toilet back in. At 3:15, she closes the toilet drain outside the trailer.

Then at 3:25, she opens the outer black handle under the trailer (the gray tank), drains that tank, and at 3:40, she re-closes that handle.

I'm with her up to there. However, at 3:48, she disconnects the hose from the trailer, without first lifting it to drain it. You can tell it still has liquid in it, and is heavy and hard to handle. She should have lifted it, starting from the trailer end and working toward the outer end, before disconnecting. That would ensure that the hose is empty, light and easy to handle, and wouldn't slosh raw sewage around.

She also puts the slinky hose away without rinsing it, which I always do if there is water handy.

So aside from that gaffe at 3:48, I'm OK with what I see. Am I missing something?

[Edit - upon further thought, I think you have mentally reversed the black and gray valves when viewing the video.]

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

My mistake. I watched it where I have no audio, so I didn't hear the explanation. And, since my gray tank is a straight-shot out the valve, I assumed that this setup was the same. Looking more closely, it doesn't make sense to have the gray pipe larger than the black pipe - duh!

I stand corrected. I shall delete my ignorant post.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote