TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Default Shower enhancement idea

Since I have never taken a shower in a TM, I can only use my imagination. I guess that it may seem tight as the shower curtain must easily touch the person taking the shower. I woke up this morning thinking of how I could move the shower curtain away, and the idea of hanging something like a hula loop about midway down popped into my head. That would certainly keep it away except possibly for the last part of the legs.

Is this the start of a good idea or am I trying to solve a non-existent problem?
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

The attachements for your hula would be where exactly? Just another item to carry, assemble each trip. And the hula stores where in the TM? not on the beds? I guess it would be on the floor. I've used my shower a hunbdred times and never felt cramped. Its an RV shower. My sister has a 38ft 5th wheel, the shower is cramped. Now, if you had a upgrade to the shower head, let me know...

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
The attachements for your hula would be where exactly? Just another item to carry, assemble each trip. And the hula stores where in the TM? not on the beds? I guess it would be on the floor. I've used my shower a hunbdred times and never felt cramped. Its an RV shower. My sister has a 38ft 5th wheel, the shower is cramped. Now, if you had a upgrade to the shower head, let me know...
The sine quo non shower head for RVs is suppose to be this:

http://www.amazon.com/Oxygenics-Body.../dp/B005G4EO66

What makes it special is that it uses much less water but does not feel like that to the person taking the shower as it adds air to the water stream. So, you can take longer showers and not feel cheated!

I was planning to take a very thin plastic tube and bend it into a circle using a connector (no glue). So, when it is not in use, I can store it somewhere easy by just disconnecting it. I thought I would hang it from the hooks used to hold up the shower curtain by adding some kind of plastic line with a shower hook on the end of it to hold up the loop. However, I do prefer your observation that it is not an issue. But if it is for others, would like your comments as well.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #4
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

funpilot
there are a couple things to do to help open up shower, here is a link to a good thread, but like said, it is a rv shower, used ours many times, just about the same size as ones I have had in reg. tt
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ght=shower+mod

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
Riwright
TrailManor Master

+1

I've done the mod in the thread that Hillbilly references. It's great. Big improvement in the shower. Gets rid of that "shower in a garbage bag" feeling. Not that expensive.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #6
funpilot2

Yes, this is much better. Could not see this before as I am having issues getting the site sponsor flag on my account.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
moaboy

U might want to try the shower first as it works quite well especially with the Oxy shower head, of course it depends on one's size....
Old 09-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
MT Camper

Default Shower Mod

The link to the shower mod was what I used when I did this to my shower. I didn't buy a pocketed curtain, just a plain one and I found a great manufactured hook at KMart and this opened up the shower a lot. Use the info and make it what works for you.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #9
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Great news! The shower mod to enlarge the shower area appears to work. I set up one of my showers to be 23 inches wide like the TM. I then used 1/2 inch PVC to create the back frame and the curve portion along the outside shower curtain was 1/4 inch PVC as it is so easy to bend. I had to use 1/2 inch to frame it as although homedepot sells 1/4 inch pvc, it sells no fittings for it. The back elbows are 90 degrees, the front elbows are 45 degrees. I easily added 8 to ten inches of additional width depending on how I cut the 1/4 inch. When I do it in my TM I will use only 1/4 inch pvc all around and get the fittings from USPlastics.com as they have the 1/4 inch fittings. So now TM can have a shower that has a width of 31 to 33 inches easy!!! I am sure anyone can make it wider by just cutting a longer piece of pipe to be the curved section. Where I need your advice is how to install it. At this point I would just hang each corner from one of the hooks holding the shower curtain using fishing filament. The outside shower curtain weight will push it back against the back wall.

Thoughts? Cost is about $10.00 to do this if you can get the elbows locally. Took me about 10 minutes to set it up as a prototype. Hope these pics give an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0284.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	10720   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0285.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	4.06 MB
ID:	10721  
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
Old 09-26-2014, 09:16 AM   #10
oldstick
TrailManor Master

That looks like a good idea Funpilot. I'm wondering about the actual curtain though. The one in our TM is the fabric type, not vinyl. The fabric ones work fine hanging vertically, as we have used them in the house for years. But if some of the curtain is pushed out somewhat off the vertical position I'm wondering if drops of water might be able to fall through and onto the floor.

Not like this is a huge deal, it's not going to be a flood or anything.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote