TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2002, 01:11 PM   #1
KB7OUR

Default Question about lift kit on newer 3023

For anyone who has a newer 3023 model with 15" tires and the factory 2.5" lift. Are you happy with the added clearance the lift provides and is the first entry step too high from the ground? Also, what is the overall height if you have the Coleman Mach front air? I'm estimating that it's ~7'3". We have a few more days to submit a change order to the factory and the only thing we're still contemplating is the lift to increase ground clearance for the jacks going over soft curbs and pitted dirt roads.

Wade
Old 10-20-2002, 01:59 PM   #2

Default Re: Question about lift kit on newer 3023

Our 3023 has the lift kit and am glad that it does. Our driveway is very steep. Without the lift, the jacks would hit preventing us from bringing the rv into the driveway near the house. Also, with the overhang of the unit behind the wheels, I feel more confident that we will not hit on any of the entries into gas stations and other areas that may have steep pavement that quickly transitions to level ground. There was one recent post of a unit without the lift hitting in a gas station pulling the scissor jack off of the rear of the unit.

Concerning the stair height, we do not notice any inconvenience in stepping up the two steps into the Trailmanor.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:51 AM   #3
KB7OUR

PJ,

If it's not too much trouble, could you measure the distance between the ground and the bottom of the curved spare tire mount bar? I'm expecting something like 14.5" with the lift kit, but want to be sure. Also, any way to measure overall height if you have the Coleman Mach front air? These numbers would be much appreciated.

Wade
Old 10-21-2002, 12:56 PM   #4
KdHammonds

Wade,

I would recommend the lift kit.  I recently purchased a used 98 in Fla.  On the trip back to Ohio from Fla. the front curb side scissors jack was the victim of a steep gas station entrance.  Fortunately, I was able to stop in Lake City, TN on the way back and purchase a replacement.  However, I am now very cautious and concerned about the clearance of the trailer jacks.  If I had the option I would go for the lift kit for added security.  

As a side not the guys and the factory were very nice and gave us a tour since we stopped.

Just my 2 cents.

Keith
Old 10-22-2002, 02:27 AM   #5

Will do Wade, but will not have access to the unit until Friday as I have it stored now.  I will bring it out for this trip on the weekend and will try to measure both spare tire clearance, and A/C height.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:13 AM   #6
KB7OUR

Default Pj,Re: Question about lift kit on newer 3023

PJ,

I really appreciate this. Could you also measure the level ball height needed? I opted for the 2.5" lift like yours. Are you using a load equalizing hitch? We hope to take delivery Nov 4.

Wade