TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #21
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Shane, I use a string light that's battery powered; ENO. Had it numerous years, it's not too bright, but bright enough to keep you from making mistakes. Have you considered a cheap tea light or two? They last a long time and the dollar store probably sales them.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:53 PM   #22
inghamm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS7535 View Post
Is it just me or does the fact that the 2 roof pieces aren't equal size and the "center trim" piece isn't actually in the center bother anyone?
I think this is correct, if you are talking about the center in the back half. Because the bathroom takes up so much space, the aisle going to the back half is off to one side. The trim is down the middle. Mine looks the same way. (I just went out and looked at it.)

TM: 2007 2720 (QB) TV: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Hopkins INSIGHT brake controller, Andersen No-Sway WDH
CARCHET Solar Powered TMPS
Dometic CRX-1110 AC/DC Compressor Fridge, 200 W Solar
inghamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:39 PM   #23
bheisser

Quote:
Is it just me or does the fact that the 2 roof pieces aren't equal size and the "center trim" piece isn't actually in the center bother anyone?
I think it is because of the way the ac unit is positioned,,the unit looks nice
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:01 AM   #24
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
I thought about taking off the bathroom skirt but realized my son is in the bathroom quite bit at night and the light would probably wake me up. I actually wish there was a way to seal up the bathroom wall to the shell wall a little better. First time we camped I was gonna leave the bathroom light on for my son but that gap let so much light into the bed area i couldn't fall asleep.

Funny how when you are shown something you can't un-see it... I didn't notice the uneven roof halves. Now it sticks out so bad. It looks awful. No way that's designed like that?!?
How about a pool noodle between the wall and bathroom wall???

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #25
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Funny thing. I've looked at the photos several times. The exterior photos, especially 3, 4, and 6, seem to show that the center trim piece is definitely off center. It does not come down in the center of the rock guards. But the interior photos seem to say the opposite. The ceiling trim pieces seem to come down squarely in the center of the front and rear windows, and the front overhead cabinet.

In particular, look at interior photos 9, 18, and 20. Sure looks to me like the interior trim pieces end exactly in the center of the windows and cabinets. Photo 20 is especially deceiving to me (the air conditioner looks way off-center), but I think it is the camera angle that does it. The trim piece seems to be exactly centered at the far end, at the overhead cabinets.

I don't know what to make of this. Is it possible that TM is building the shells with an overlapping joint in the center? I suppose this could make the shell stronger. Ideas? Is anyone scheduled for a factory visit, and could see for themselves?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #26
momto4girls

Well, I for one think it's a nice looking camper. I pray it sells fast, and they'll order more! I may be in H'ville next week. If I have time, I may actually go take a look. But I'm kinda hoping it's sold!

ETA: It looks like the bath walls are taller, so not so much need for the vinyl skirt. Noticed no mirror in the bath. Mine has a mirror. Noticed that there is no towel rack by the sink in the kitchen. Mine has that, but maybe it was added later?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #27
BradS7535

Was looking at the photos again, found another interesting thing. Someone mentioned about the louver style window in street side dining area. Maybe they changed the style of the front and back windows, but in photo 4 it shows the rear window and it doesn't look like the louver style, but it does look like the same size as the street side dining area. Is it possible they swapped the windows between the two locations? Seems strange to have only one louver style in the middle of the trailer.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #28
BradS7535

There's also a "2017" in Oregon at Campers Outlet. The design doesn't look like a 2017, unless they are experimenting with different designs. Pictures aren't as good.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #29
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Good find, Brad -

Yes, Camper Outlet actually shows two 2017 TM2720s, one a QS and one a QB. The QB is listed as "In Stock", and the QS is listed as "Due Soon". You are right, the photos look like earlier previous trailers, nothing new, but on the other hand, most of the TM stuff on the site seems to be cut-and-pasted from the TM web site, so maybe this is the same. And the "discounted price" looks an awful lot like the MSRP.

It is nice to see some new trailers being delivered. The company has been struggling for a while - perhaps they have turned the corner. I hope so.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:43 PM   #30
inghamm
Site Sponsor

Default camper outlet

I check the Camper outlet occasionally and when the Bankston one came out I checked it right away and just about every day. It said "In stock 4/1/17" before April 1st, and the picture, as you noted is an older trailer, probably the last one they sold. It has been a common practice at Camper Outlet to advertise a trailer that they have on order as "In stock.... " so I think they don't actually have one yet, but are expecting one that hasn't arrived yet. Yes, Camper Outlet is where we had ordered our trailer that never came. I'll keep checking, and when the pictures change I'll post the link, maybe in a new thread.

TM: 2007 2720 (QB) TV: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Hopkins INSIGHT brake controller, Andersen No-Sway WDH
CARCHET Solar Powered TMPS
Dometic CRX-1110 AC/DC Compressor Fridge, 200 W Solar
inghamm is offline   Reply With Quote