TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #1
BrettLindstrom

Default Trailmanor Cover

Over the last 5 years I've gone through several covers for my 2009 Trailmanor 2720. I have exclusively either used the ADCO Dupont Tyvek 22895 or the ADCO SFS AquaShed 12295. However, both seem to fall apart during the 2nd year of use. Now I realize these two covers are not very expensive - about $100 - , so I guess you get what you pay for. I'm looking for suggestions/advice on a more durable cover, even if I need to pay more. I live in sunny southern California - Long Beach - a few miles from the beach. My trailmanor is parked in my driveway, so it receives full exposure from the sun most of the day.
BrettLindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Brett -

Did you pad all the sharp edges before you pulled the cover over them, and tied it down? I made that mistake. I think the TV antenna was the worst offender on the roof, and the stuff around the hitch and A-frame was the worst offender lower down. With these sharp edges exposed, I started seeing shredding of the 12295 in the second year.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
BrettLindstrom

I did pad down a few sharp edeges (solar panel especially), but maybe I need to do a more thorough job.
BrettLindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We went through several expensive covers and gave up on them after we had put our last one in the barn for storage and the mice chewed it up over the summer. Plus, every time we wanted to go camping we had to take it off and on and put all the padding off and on and it just got to be too much of a chore so much that we really didn't want to go camping that much. I decided to buy a white, heavy duty tarp, 14 mil from Ebay, I think it is 20 x 34, $140 or so. It seems to be holding up pretty well, but we just got it about 6 months ago. Since the door has a roller at the top left we can open the tarp with the cover tied down and the door just rolls under the tarp. It doesn't come all the way down the front or sides but it protects most of it. It's so much easier to put on than the other covers. We always keep our TM open.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
TMfor4ofus

We have a Carver cover. They're known for boat covers so you know they are tough. We've had ours for just two years and its great. We had one for our popup for over 3 years and it was great and went with the trailer. Our friends still use it so its 6 years old now and still going strong. We live in Huntington Beach so we're practically neighbors. The only possible negative is it doesn't drape all the way down the sides because its not really made for TM's and made for a large popup. For us thought I drape one side down and the other side is next to a large hedge so it blocks the sun. BTW I haven't padded or rounded off anything. It is very tough.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:36 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Sounds interesting. Can you give us a model number for the cover on your 2720QB?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailmanor 2720 cover