TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Bluegrass

Default Visitor Message

I just found a "Visitor message" that I didn't know I had. Someone sent it to me last December. I didn't even know that such a thing existed. I stumbled on it when I clicked "User CP" on the home page. What is the difference between a "Visitor Message" and a PM?

And how would I know I even have one waiting? Actually, now I'm having a hard time even finding it again.

Keith
Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
MudDog
TrailManor Master

I believe vistor messages can be left when someone visits (looks at) your public profile....and it appears they are public (or at least on your privacy settings the vistor messages are public) because when I look at you public profile I can see the visitor message that was left.

I've never had one left, so not sure how you would be notified that there is a vistitor message.

--jim

::EDIT:: LOL - on looking at my profile, I actually had a vistor message as well...from April 2010
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Had the same, just happened to go to usercp to make a sig line change and there was the message. Maybe Bill knows a way to flag getting a visitor msg?

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Had the same, just happened to go to usercp to make a sig line change and there was the message. Maybe Bill knows a way to flag getting a visitor msg?
Offhand I don't know of a method, but I'll look into it. However, it appears possible to disable Visitor Messages. In the User Control Panel, go to "Settings and Options" > "Edit Options", then scroll down to "Messaging and Notification" and then to "Visitor Messaging". It appears that you can disable Visitor Messages altogether, or limit Visitor Messages to people you have put on your Contacts list.

My personal feeling is that Visitor Messages serve no purpose that can't better be served by Private Messages - but that's just me.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
However, it appears possible to disable Visitor Messages. In the User Control Panel, go to "Settings and Options" > "Edit Options", then scroll down to "Messaging and Notification" and then to "Visitor Messaging". It appears that you can disable Visitor Messages altogether, or limit Visitor Messages to people you have put on your Contacts list.

Bill
Thanks, Bill. For the record, I'm a friendly guy but I've shut off visitor messages. Am I the only one who didn't even know this existed?

Keith