TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2003, 12:04 PM   #1
tomr

Default 3023 cover

I have a 3023 and I am looking for a fitted cover for it. My dealer told me about a tyvek cover, but when I called the manufacturer, they referred me to camperworld. The cover they wanted to sell me was too narrow. Does anyone know of a cover for trailmanors?
Old 10-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re:3023 cover

Try the ones made for HiLo trailers...width and height should be about the same as a TM of the same length.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:11 PM   #3
efelker

You might also try ADCO. One thing about covers -- you need to get one that breathes otherwise you'll trap moisture under the tarp (as well as what ever moisture is in the TM. Problem here is that over a long hall, that trapped moisture is going to turn into mold and mildew -- then will come the constant DW question, "Honey, do you smell something funny?" ... or the concomitant DW accusation, "Ed, if you're going to do that, go outside."

ADCO makes a good product called SFS Aqua Shed. Here is a website that describes it:

They also have presized covers for a popup that might work. Here is the website for those and the sizes:

I would measure the TM carefully and compare those measurements to the ADCO sizes. If they aren't close, contact ADCO at the telephone numbers listed on the websites. They can build a custom cover -- but it won't be cheap.

Now you can go to Wally WOrld and find a polyethylene "Cheap Charlie" tarp that's easily 360" X 180" and that will cover the 3023 with no problem. You'll also be able to find one well under $100. But again, if the material doesn't breathe it's going to trap moisture and water vaper under it and that's going to lead to mold & mildew. You get what you pay for.

Ed
Old 11-17-2003, 11:56 AM   #4
jbeletti
Jim

Tomr,

Did you ever settle on a cover for your 3023? My 3023 is being delivered in December. I'll be storing it outside at a rental lot (midwest), so I really want it covered and I'd like to have a cover ready before I take delivery.

I looked at the AdcoCover display at CampingWorld this weekend. It's looks like good stuff, but the question is the fit for a 3023.

I spoke to Adco about what they would recommend and I spoke to Trailmanor this morning to verify a couple dimensions. It seems that the Adco model 12252 (CampingWorld # 22070 - $159 per phone call or $179.10 online ??) SFS Aqua-shed "Hi-Lo" Style RV Cover is their best fit. It will be a few feet long for the 3023 though.

Maybe that excess could be gathered at the ends somehow. CampingWorld told me their return policy on covers is 90 days - so I guess it's worth a shot, in that they'll take it back if it doesn't workout.

We may try one. Please post back if you've since tried any cover - the feedback will be appreciated.

Jim

jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 05:22 PM   #5
jbeletti
Jim

Hi all,

Today I put the Adco SFS Aqua-shed 12252 "Hi-Lo" Style RV cover on my TM 3023.

It's a bit tall and seeral feet long for the 3023, but I think it will be fine.

Tomorrow, I will use some poly rope and tie it to the corner grommets to pull it all together.

I had to gather a bunch of cover material up at the back of the trailer. Maybe I'll rethink this and gather it up at the front. In the rear, my fear is that the extra gathered materials will sag or fall to the ground and rot or get critters in it. If I gather it at the front, at least it wil never sag below the hitch A frame.

If anyone else has experience using the Adco cover on their TM and had to gather a few feet of extra material at one end, please share your success so I can do it better

Here's a link to a quick picture I took of it tonight: http://www.beletti.com/travel/trailm...2252_cover.jpg

Jim
Old 12-21-2003, 06:06 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:3023 cover - I am confused

There was another thread on this same topic in November, though it was for 2720's rather than a 3023. See
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabb...10857#msg10857
Teresa (CC_Turtles) said she bought one from Camping World that fit her 2720SL well. She didn't have the part number, but knew it was suggested for a pop-up.

JGilliam said he got one for his 2619, ADCO part number 12295. ADCO says this is a pop-up camper size, probably the same cover that Teresa bought. He suggested it ought to fit my TM, since it was a bit spacious for his 2619.

I am still confused a bit by both posts, because according to the ADCO site, this cover is 85in X 216in, and my TM measures 94in wide (including the awning) by 194in long (not including hitch, A-frame, or bumper).

How well can this fit? I suppose that some of the excess length is pulled around to cover the shortage in width, which would mean that the cover's corner seams don't match the corners of the TM? (Who cares, as long as it covers the TM and doesn't flap in the breeze too badly.) Teresa or JGilliam, can you comment, please? Many thanks.

I NEED a cover. My TM sat under a tree all summer, and it is a mess. It is going to take me a full day (or more) to clean it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 07:46 PM   #7
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Jim,

I saw from your picture that you did not cover up the propane tanks. I know that in your part of the country you will get plenty of snow or rain that can freeze and cause damage to the other parts to the propane system that could be damaged by freezing temperatures. I just read an article in one of my camping magazines about covering the propane tanks to prevent any damage to the other parts (regulator small gray part where the hoses hook into). This is the part that freezing rain can damage.

I always cover up my tanks with a small tarp and I have never had any problems with the system come Spring.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 07:45 PM   #8
CC_Turtle

Hi,

my memory is not as good as it used to be.. but i am pretty sure i bought the cover from camping world for the biggest pop up... even though on the box, the dimensions said it was too small.. the cover is big enough to cover all sides and the propane tanks in the front (we have a 2720sl)

hope that helps a little

teresa
Old 12-28-2003, 02:19 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Thanks, Teresa -

Sounds like we have all homed in on the same cover. Now that my wife and I are in Arizona, I will get over to the big Camping World in Mesa very shortly and pick one up. It will give me a chance to pick up a Water Thief, too. I can't tell you the number of hardware stores, home supply stores, RV stores, and real live plumbing stores and contractors I have asked about this device. NO ONE has heard of it. Amazing.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:51 PM   #10
jbeletti
Jim

Bob,

Thanks for the tip on covering the LP tanks. For now, I may just rotate the cover so all the extra is at the front, then pull it all over the tanks tight and tie it all up.

May as well use all that extra cover for something. Long-term, perhaps we'll get some sort of real tank covers.

I may look for a local tent/awning/tarp mfr. to see if they can tailor the SFS AquaShed so it it the correct length. While it is also a bit tall, I think that's livable. If they could cut it in half at the center and remove a couple of feet and sew it back together, that may be viable and may help the cover last longer that it will with me gathering all the extra at one end.

I guess some experience will lead me to a good decision. So far, I have never camped in the TM and have only put the cover on once. A TM-newbie for sure!

Jim