TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
P and B

Default Lake Placid, NY Campground recommendation

We are currently at the North Pole campground in Wilmington NY. We have a full hookup site on the non-river side of the campground. This place is very nice. Sites are pretty large and all are surrounded by trees. It's very well maintained and only about 20 minutes from Lake Placid and two minutes to the road that goes up White Face Mountain.

My only complaint would be that they could use some gravel- at the sites too. It rained here one day and things got a little muddy- It's glamping- what can you expect. A minor detail for sure.

Recommend this place if your visiting the high peaks region.

Phil
Old 09-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
NYJeff

North Pole is nice but I prefer their sister CG, 100 Acre Woods. Whiteface Mtn. KOA is also very nice.

Love the ADKs!!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
P and B

Jeff- I used the term "North Pole" generically. We were in the 100 acres section. Same owners same campground really. For anyone who reads this, what we're talking about is the campground has two sections: one close the Ausable river and one on the other side of route 86 called 100 Acres. We did not stay on the river side and Woodalls indicates that the sites there are more open. On the 100 acres side, they are big sites surrounded by trees. Very nice.

I think we stayed at the KOA over a decade ago so can't really comment on it.

Phil